Who's sick of waiting?

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Who else is sick of waiting for the official OTA 2.1 update? I'm getting aggravated at this point..

Is it even coming?

I know when I had a Samsung impression I was waiting for an update, and then found out that they dont do updates to older phones. They just have to buy a new phone to get the update.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Supposedly the release candidate/beta is out there and you would not expect them to be testing it unless they planned to release it...

Now you know how we Droid users felt ;-)

rw6497

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
you guys really should root. rooted yesterday and all I have to say is omfg. I'm running a Rom that was ported from legend and its super fast. I have friend stream and an updated sense UI. Few new widgets.... I also have wireless tethering. I was going to buy an incredible on release but I may hold off although that gorgeous screen is so tempting. I really can't emphasise how quick my Eris is now. :) :) :)

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
you guys really should root. rooted yesterday and all I have to say is omfg. I'm running a Rom that was ported from legend and its super fast. I have friend stream and an updated sense UI. Few new widgets.... I also have wireless tethering. I was going to buy an incredible on release but I may hold off although that gorgeous screen is so tempting. I really can't emphasise how quick my Eris is now. :) :) :)
have you found ne bugs?

rw6497

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
yep, one bug for sure. from what I understand, there is some code that increases speed of the Rom. comes with a price but. worked well yesterday then all of sudden everytime I backed out of an app or pressed the home button, sense would crash. they say these roms work great when not using sense. I downloaded task manager earlier this morning and so far no sense crash. to be honest but, I can definitely deal with crashing because it really is VERY fast. and the new HTC widgets are very cool.

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
I tried rooting and got confused from the tutorial I was reading and messed my phone up... lol I doubt I'm going to try that again..

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My phone continues to work just fine on 1.5. Sure, there are a few apps I'd like to try out when 2.1 comes, but it's not a desperation at all. 2.1 will come when it is ready, and I'd rather have it work well than deal with the stuff with the 2.1 leaks are dealing with.

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
My phone continues to work just fine on 1.5. Sure, there are a few apps I'd like to try out when 2.1 comes, but it's not a desperation at all. 2.1 will come when it is ready, and I'd rather have it work well than deal with the stuff with the 2.1 leaks are dealing with.

Very true sir. You just think tho with a big enough company it shouldnt take too long to fix bugs as they come out because whether it is released now or later it will always have bugs , problems etc it wont ever be perfect.

SoCal64

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I held out until yesterday. I'm fed up with the delays as well and installed the v2 leak. I don't really care about custom ROMS and such. Other than a few minor things it seems to run well...so far.

This will resolve the "itch" I can't scratch until the official release comes out.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Very true sir. You just think tho with a big enough company it shouldnt take too long to fix bugs as they come out because whether it is released now or later it will always have bugs , problems etc it wont ever be perfect.

I don't know; it seems to me that HTC will always care more about getting new phones (which bring them revenue) done than finish an upgrade for a phone in an existing customer's hand (which brings them little revenue.) From Verizon Wireless's point of view, my guess is that Eris customers make up a small percentage of total customers, and their focus is probably on testing other devices (particularly new ones).

Also, I'm not asking for perfect, but I do want to make sure that when I make or receive a call, I can hear what others are saying, and they can hear me, assuming the signal is adequate. I also want to make sure that my Bank of America app will actually connect. That does not seem to be the case for many people running the leaked 2.1 ROMs right now. That's not being perfect, that's being unacceptably flawed.

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
i don't know; it seems to me that htc will always care more about getting new phones (which bring them revenue) done than finish an upgrade for a phone in an existing customer's hand (which brings them little revenue.) from verizon wireless's point of view, my guess is that eris customers make up a small percentage of total customers, and their focus is probably on testing other devices (particularly new ones).

Also, i'm not asking for perfect, but i do want to make sure that when i make or receive a call, i can hear what others are saying, and they can hear me, assuming the signal is adequate. I also want to make sure that my bank of america app will actually connect. That does not seem to be the case for many people running the leaked 2.1 roms right now. That's not being perfect, that's being unacceptably flawed.

hum...i'm running 1.5 and my b of a app runs fine....i do want my youtube app fixed though i wonder if i call them on that i could swap phones for the incredible......it would be a fight

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
hum...i'm running 1.5 and my b of a app runs fine....i do want my youtube app fixed though i wonder if i call them on that i could swap phones for the incredible......it would be a fight

Hahaha he means the users using 2.1 their bank of america app doesnt work correctly. But my YouTube doesn't work well either, if you call them and they give you an incredible or a new Eris let me know lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair