Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TURN BY TURN GPS for DROID ERIS....

Yes I'm a newbie to the ERIS, I ve had it for a month now and still cannot find a turn by turn GPS..the GoogleMaps is excellent for directions but i want this badboy to act like GARMIN GPS for Christ sakes! Is there an app out there yet?

Ok there will be an update for that refer to the 2.1 update.
    thread at the top of the forum
    I am an Android fanboy!!
    Follow me on twitter if you want to
    http://twitter.com/megagamer44
    Android town username: megagamer44
    http://www.youtube.com/user/megagamer44
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedynomite View Post
    Yes I'm a newbie to the ERIS, I ve had it for a month now and still cannot find a turn by turn GPS..the GoogleMaps is excellent for directions but i want this badboy to act like GARMIN GPS for Christ sakes! Is there an app out there yet?
    It'll never act like a Garmin, it'll be better than a Garmin
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

BTW you spelled your name wrong its DYN-O-MITE !!!!
    Thanks for watching = T

Quote Originally Posted by tropper View Post
    BTW you spelled your name wrong its DYN-O-MITE !!!!
    Whitedynomite.. that's racist.. LOL
    @imchaad Not asking you to follow me just check it out.

Check out my personal site

I have that movie sitting right in front of me right now. Think I might have to watch it tonight again. ;o;

I use Navigator 2. It has audible and readable turn by turn directions. Free also.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

+1 thank you
    Thanks for watching = T
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineerndixie View Post
    I use Navigator 2. It has audible and readable turn by turn directions. Free also.
    I just checked the MARKET, there is no app called "NAVIGATOR 2"........?????

Comes when you root and upgrade.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by chdtpn View Post
    Comes when you root and upgrade.
    UGGHH!! Will there be an automatic REAL upgrade soon,bra? And pleez dont link me to a 100 page thread on this,.... not bein a ****, I've just been lookin all over n cant get a simple answer,bra!

No one's sure when the official 2.1 update is going to come. But it will bring Google Navigation to the Eris, just like the 2.1 leaks have.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

UGGHH!! Will there be an automatic REAL upgrade soon,bra? And pleez dont link me to a 100 page thread on this,.... not bein a ****, I've just been lookin all over n cant get a simple answer,bra!
    Simple answrer Yes there will be an update and No we do not know.
    Thanks for watching = T

Trust me I was just lie you waiting around for an update but now that I have I have mixed feelings about it but more good than bad. The newest 2.1v3 leak is easy to install and easy to use I would look into it if you really really want the navigation.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by chdtpn View Post
    Trust me I was just lie you waiting around for an update but now that I have I have mixed feelings about it but more good than bad. The newest 2.1v3 leak is easy to install and easy to use I would look into it if you really really want the navigation.
    bra, I'm not tech savvy at all...I would completely screw up my phone doin this! Where u live? I'll just buy you a 30 pack to do it for me!

bra, I'm not tech savvy at all...I would completely screw up my phone doin this! Where u live? I'll just buy you a 30 pack to do it for me!
    All you do is put a file on your SD card and reboot a certain way holding the power and volume down buttons then do what the screens says lol

But I live in Indiana and I'll do it for a fifth of absolute lol