Post All Eris 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

johnw2551

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I received the update for my droid eris at 0300 edt, but my wife still hasn't. The rumors are correct. The Eris runs 2.0 just fine. The navi and a number of voice apps are included in the update. Settings screen is a nice button based gui. It took about 10mins to d/l and set up, but none of my settings or saved data were comprimised. So far so good. Haven't tried to sync w/ a pc yet, so can't say if 2.0 plays well w/ win7... will post anything funky that I come across.

Last edited:

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
It looks like v3 is the same as the OTA, so no go. Someone at Androidforums got the url, and the file. It does update 1.5 but fails on 2.1v3.

For us leakers, it looks like we've pretty much been running the update for since v3 came out. Our only hope is they release a bug fix for our problems sometime down the road. We are at the end of the Eris's sales life but support will last a while longer. There is time for another bugfix OTA. That is until someone roots v3/OTA.

Last edited:
G

GenericMessage

Can someone post a real list of what is different between 1.5 and 2.1?

I think many people would like this.

G

GenericMessage

I manually updated today. Will I still get a notice for an OTA update?

Nope, since you already updated :)

The manual update is just you putting the file on your phone manually as opposed to the OTA that downloads it to your phone over the air.

You're doing what Verizon is doing, just far faster :)

leemc

May 13, 2010
Visit site
well, now I am a believer. after waiting 6 months, I just got 2.1 ota this morning. had to dump a few apps in order to have the 25mb available to install, the weather widget is not working, but it came. does anyone know how toow do i get speech to text? i did find text to speech, but that is not what I really want to use.
Thanks,
Leemc

Dottom22

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
If there's another thread about all the Eris 2.1 update issues could someone please let me know.

But I got the system update last Thursday and I've been having multiple issues... (such as the "silent call bug". I was just curious if anyone higher up has heard of another system update to fix all these issues.

Thanks!

mohammadyahia

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
well, now I am a believer. after waiting 6 months, I just got 2.1 ota this morning. had to dump a few apps in order to have the 25mb available to install, the weather widget is not working, but it came. does anyone know how toow do i get speech to text? i did find text to speech, but that is not what I really want to use.
Thanks,
Leemc

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon