Post All Eris 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
It should be soon. They have announced at the MWC and didn't everyone say that we would get it in Q1? That is almost up. If anything it gives us all something to look forward to.

TheSultan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
This would be so awesome if it came tonight! I'm very excited for a new OS on my phone! For Aquaj, yes, 2.1 would give us turn by turn navigation for Google Maps on the Eris finally.

agarrett527

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Would the 2.1 update give the Eris over the Droid right now? Or when the Droid gets to 2.1 would it still surpass the Eris? I'm thinking about the Droid but do like the look of the Eris.

dfine06

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
!!! this is ridiculous. i just read this the second i finished switching with my dad to his moto droid and gave him my eris! oh well. i kinda really just wanted the pyshical keyboard and bigger screen anyway.

agarrett527

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Depending what specs you are comparing the Droid will always beat the Eris.

that's pretty much what i figured. I knew the Droid had better specs overall but did like the form factor of the Eris. One of the reasons why I've waited to purchase just yet but getting the itch for the Droid again.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I was in the same boat. The battery life,screen,processor and a few other features mad me realize the Droid was the etter choice. Grew comfortable to the size and form factor very quickly.

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
There are pics. Read this thread. Can Android 2.1 work for the Eris - Android Forums

As of what I read, the update was OTA. Nobody knows why it came out, or if it is supposed to be out, or anything. It is all just mass confusion right now. Your phone will "search" for OTA's on random days apparently, so keep your 3G turned on. Some people say it doesn't include sense, others say it does and the people that got it just got bad updates, others say it is a rogue OTA. Really, I don't think anybody knows whats going on, we just have to wait.