Post All Eris 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

bwsmith

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I went to my local Verizon store in Atlanta today and was speaking with one of the reps about the two Droids about to drop. He said that the Eris models they have and were trained on are all running Android 2.0 software with the full Google voice and navigation like the Moto Droid. This is different from everything I have seen with the Eris running Android 1.5. Anyone else heard this?

bwsmith

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
He seemed pretty saavy, but who knows. It contradicts everything I have seen though. I asked him if he could go double check the specs for me but all the phones were locked up. I had about a half hour conversation regarding Droid and Storm2. It is nice when a rep knows the different firmware builds. On a side note, they are charging all the droids the night before and having them on and ready to go to get people in and out Friday.

Original Goonie

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
It will launch with 1.5, there may or may not be a software update for 2.0. Its not guaranteed at this time.

I can also confirm that. I was setting up both devices today and when I was done, i had to check out the Google Navigation. Droid found what I wanted right away and the Eris just did a google search. I would love to see 2.0 get pushed to the phone, because the nav is awesome blows standalone GPS systems away.

Grizzld

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I work for an authorized retailer for VZW, and we're trained on new devices by actual corporate VZW employees. We were told that the Eris would not be able to be updated to Android 2.0 because of the slower processor installed in the device.

A

AJQ69

newbie here,just ordered the Eris after having the imagio for 2 weeks,did not like the squareness of the moto droid so went with htc Eris,hopefully 2.0 will be avail soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke