Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 41 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Exclamation Post All Eris 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

I went to my local Verizon store in Atlanta today and was speaking with one of the reps about the two Droids about to drop. He said that the Eris models they have and were trained on are all running Android 2.0 software with the full Google voice and navigation like the Moto Droid. This is different from everything I have seen with the Eris running Android 1.5. Anyone else heard this?
    Thanked by:

i'm pretty sure the reps you talked to are wrong. but i'll ask my friend when i see him to confirm.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

He seemed pretty saavy, but who knows. It contradicts everything I have seen though. I asked him if he could go double check the specs for me but all the phones were locked up. I had about a half hour conversation regarding Droid and Storm2. It is nice when a rep knows the different firmware builds. On a side note, they are charging all the droids the night before and having them on and ready to go to get people in and out Friday.

It will launch with 1.5, there may or may not be a software update for 2.0. Its not guaranteed at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by LtVerizonmgr View Post
    It will launch with 1.5, there may or may not be a software update for 2.0. Its not guaranteed at this time.
    I can also confirm that. I was setting up both devices today and when I was done, i had to check out the Google Navigation. Droid found what I wanted right away and the Eris just did a google search. I would love to see 2.0 get pushed to the phone, because the nav is awesome blows standalone GPS systems away.

2.0 and HTC Sense aren't quite read for prime-time. Look for 2.0 on HTC by the end of the year.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

is this the passion you speak of... ?

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I work for an authorized retailer for VZW, and we're trained on new devices by actual corporate VZW employees. We were told that the Eris would not be able to be updated to Android 2.0 because of the slower processor installed in the device.

you were lied to. The G1 can run 2.0. Nuff said

not to mention the Sprint Hero will be getting 2.0 with nearly identical specs.

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts

I gotta say, this phone looks amazing. Very nice design, looking to play with it soon.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    you were lied to. The G1 can run 2.0. Nuff said
    I hope this is the case as I just ordered an Eris

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzld View Post
    Not that u can or should trust what reps say ... the rep I purchased my Eris from said 2.0 was coming to our phones "next week". I guess we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzld View Post
    You'll be happy. Besides, every droid user wants Eris on 2.0 so they can get Sense. Huge userbase WILL get 2.0 on there even if Vzw can't
    AJQ69

newbie here,just ordered the Eris after having the imagio for 2 weeks,did not like the squareness of the moto droid so went with htc Eris,hopefully 2.0 will be avail soon

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default Android 2.0 On Droid Eris

Does anybody know when Android 2.0 will be released to the Droid Eris?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Only speculations for now sometime in December/January is the expected release.

I keep hearing the first or second week of January there will be another Update, so just keeping fingers crossed its for 2.0.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Yeah 2.0 and a better battery and this phone would be just about perfect...
    AJQ69

I'm with you,just a better battery and upgrade software.....

Quote Originally Posted by AJQ69 View Post
    I'm with you,just a better battery and upgrade software.....
    +1... or 2.

Is the 2.0 update definite?

How poor is this battery - and can an update fix battery life?

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWiz/ ParanoidAndroid

Not gonna lie... not really excited about 2.0 on the Eris. I dont think it has the power to run it. Mine is sluggish running 1.5 and I only use a hand full of apps. I dont think the battery could handle it either. The Eris just doesnt have the power for it. Also I think HTC is more focused on the next device which comes with 2.0 preinstalled. And word on the street is that its coming in Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Fattie McDoogles View Post
    Not gonna lie... not really excited about 2.0 on the Eris. I dont think it has the power to run it. Mine is sluggish running 1.5 and I only use a hand full of apps. I dont think the battery could handle it either. The Eris just doesnt have the power for it. Also I think HTC is more focused on the next device which comes with 2.0 preinstalled. And word on the street is that its coming in Dec.
    This almost defies logic, seeing as the front page of Android Central confirms that 2.0 has been ported to the G1 and all reports have said that it is much faster. Not sure how it would run slower on a faster phone. If you think that your Eris is running slowly, you might want to try disabling some of your widgets. Remember, the Eris runs the Sense UI, which Android 2.0 does not.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by funkdoctor View Post
    This almost defies logic, seeing as the front page of Android Central confirms that 2.0 has been ported to the G1 and all reports have said that it is much faster. Not sure how it would run slower on a faster phone. If you think that your Eris is running slowly, you might want to try disabling some of your widgets. Remember, the Eris runs the Sense UI, which Android 2.0 does not.
    My wife bought an Eris yesterday and is in love with it. It appears to run quickly, although I think there's a bit of lag when going from portrait/landscape. I'm wondering how much overhead Sense imposes on the OS.
Page 1 of 41 1234 ... LastLast