What's wrong with my Eris?

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
My Eris has been acting up lately and is practically begging me to get the Incredible that I can't afford. Here is what's happening:

several times a day my keyboard won't type - what I mean is I can press the keys as if I'm typing but no words appear in the app I'm in. What I end up doing is going to another app trying to type and it works and then coming back to the other app and resuming regular typing which works.

when using the htc widget for voice search i click it to type or use voice and it moves up and covers another widget which ok fine you want the focus on the search and room for the results but after finishing the search going home and back to the widget screen the htc widget is on top of the widget thats on top of the page and in my case sportstap. now sports tap is working fine you can actually see innings changing but the main part is blocked. i can't move it unless i restart the phone and it acts as if the space where the search widget was is already taken by something else.

general lag especially when starting the phone up - to connect a call takes 10 seconds once dialing and to answer a call takes 6-10 seonds

anyone else or just me? can i complain to verizon and maybe get a further discount on the incredible?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Um, maybe you should consider a different root ROM, or unrooting?

I've read that call lag can be fixed by deleting your call log. There is a free app called CallTrack which can post all calls (made, received and missed) to a Google calendar of your choice (for logging purposes) and Call Log Trimmer can keep the call log trimmed to a minimal amount after every call (so you can tell it to keep only 5 calls, for example.)

CallTrack - Android app on AppBrain

Call Log Trimmer - Android app on AppBrain

okie75

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
If it's rooted to 2.1 like your sig says it's probably a bug in there, once it's rooted warranty is void, not much you can do except roll it back to 1.5. I'm no expert just scrolling through months of forums on ota update info.

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Um, maybe you should consider a different root ROM, or unrooting?

I've read that call lag can be fixed by deleting your call log. There is a free app called CallTrack which can post all calls (made, received and missed) to a Google calendar of your choice (for logging purposes) and Call Log Trimmer can keep the call log trimmed to a minimal amount after every call (so you can tell it to keep only 5 calls, for example.)

CallTrack - Android app on AppBrain

Call Log Trimmer - Android app on AppBrain

i have call log trimmer and while it has gotten better it still sucks

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like a software issue. You say that you can type after you switch to another app, or switch to another app and switch back. Obviously the touch screen is working fine.

As for the HTC search widget, are you sure that this is not an issue with the rooted ROM? I actually don't use many widgets (and for search I just hit the search button - it seems to do the same thing, though I rarely use that anyway.)

If you bring it back to Verizon Wireless and they determine there is a hardware problem, I am sure that they will offer you a replacement Eris. If they notice that you have rooted, they may even not replace the device. Unless you are far enough into your contract to get upgrade pricing, if you want an Incredible you will likely have to pay full price.

I believe that you could add an Incredible as a second line for $10 more per month (if you have an old feature phone you could replace the Eris with that to drop the $30 data charge.) But you'd have to check with Verizon on that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20