Weather Channel App Status Bar Notification

smileyb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have the new Weather Channel app that will show the current temp of your "home city" in the status bar?
In my case it does not update the temp until I open the actual app, thus making the status bar feature completely useless.
Anyone have this problem or know what I might be doing wrong?

I am running TasKiller and have set it to ignore the Weather app.

Eris 1.5

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
yeah I do your right its annoying but round noon I had an update that fixs notification bar issuse. I haven't really played with it much yet. I advise ya check for updates.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Ditto Tropper - there is a new update that supposedly lets you configure and control the status bar icon, but I haven't played with it much either. I'm hoping there's an option to make it display the temp for the current location, so it will change as I travel. We'll see.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
That vaccums ! Seems it didnt change any thing that I could see! Still that annoying blue box that says 80degrees an my widget says 82degrees ? wtf
we should all jus mail the dev bout it

smileyb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
yeah I do your right its annoying but round noon I had an update that fixs notification bar issuse. I haven't really played with it much yet. I advise ya check for updates.

Ditto Tropper - there is a new update that supposedly lets you configure and control the status bar icon, but I haven't played with it much either. I'm hoping there's an option to make it display the temp for the current location, so it will change as I travel. We'll see.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I see no update available.

That vaccums ! Seems it didnt change any thing that I could see! Still that annoying blue box that says 80degrees an my widget says 82degrees ? wtf
we should all jus mail the dev bout it

So I took your advice and emailed the dev. I'll post with any news.

smileyb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Dev response:

Dear xxxxxx xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting The Weather Channel Interactive.

We have fixed the bug with the current temperature not updating in the
notification bar. Please download the newest release, 2.3.15.

If you had any widgets installed you will need to drag the old widgets to the
trash can and install brand new widgets.

Thank you for your patience,

Thank you,

Robyn

I have 2.3.15 installed so I will consider them to be satisfied with the apps performance and just be happy with my free weather app.

smileyb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just thought of something...
Do you suppose it runs fine on 2.1 but not on 1.5? Maybe they know 2.1 is coming soon enough to ignore a bug on 1.5 for a few more weeks? At any rate, it really doesn't work correctly on 1.5. I just checked again and it update only after running the full app. On the plus side, it's 80 degrees here in Michigan! Hooray for warmth!

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Its possible. I did try there dragging the widget to the trash, you have to to over-ride the settings for severe weather notifications changing in the apps settings does no good util you redock on the home screen.:confused:

James MORRIS2

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have the new Weather Channel app that will show the current temp of your "home city" in the status bar?
In my case it does not update the temp until I open the actual app, thus making the status bar feature completely useless.
Anyone have this problem or know what I might be doing wrong?

I am running TasKiller and have set it to ignore the Weather app.

Eris 1.5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21