Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Got Android 2.1 How to do Live wallpapers?

I got the update last night, and am interested in doing the live wallpapers. But seems like our update didnt come with the live app. What app is it or anyone know how we can get live wallpapers working?

Thanks
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

You have the OTA?
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

Verizon's page on the Droid Eris 2.1 doesn't appear to mention live wallpapers as one of the new features.

On my Droid you long press on a blank part of the home screen, select Wallpapers, and then select Live Wallpapers.

That ota get the image up i want it soooo bad
    I am an Android fanboy!!
    Follow me on twitter if you want to
    http://twitter.com/megagamer44
    Android town username: megagamer44
    http://www.youtube.com/user/megagamer44

Live wall papers were removed as a feature for the Eris. The processor can't handle the wallpapers and general functionality. Leaks 1, 2 and 3 also had this removed so its not something to expect.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

I had the Eris then returned it for the Dinc under my 30 day trial. Live wallpapers are cool but I don't use them. "Battery drain". The Dinc sucks the battery down even without it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for the responses guys ... I was hoping you could do it, I like it on my desktop at home, and then Ive seen some droids using it. Ohh well.

Ya I got the update OTA last night about 4 AM I think it was as I was getting off work I saw it available .

Quote Originally Posted by livewiremaxx View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys ... I was hoping you could do it, I like it on my desktop at home, and then Ive seen some droids using it. Ohh well.

Ya I got the update OTA last night about 4 AM I think it was as I was getting off work I saw it available .
    Where do you live?
    @imchaad Not asking you to follow me just check it out.

Check out my personal site