Where are all my HTC widgits from 1.5? :(

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Like the favorites, the switches...I can't find them any more. :(

And is there anyway to add Desk Clock as a widgit to my home page?

SoSoFresh

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Right after OTA update there were no widgets in the list... All I did was soft reset and then they were available again. Hope it helps you too.

jdeguzman

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Like the favorites, the switches...I can't find them any more. :(

And is there anyway to add Desk Clock as a widgit to my home page?

Switches - Long press, HTC Widgets, Settings, choose which switch you want

Faves - Long press, HTC widgets, people.

You may have to re-assign what default you want your fave contact to do. I just tapped my fave contact (in the people/fave widget) and it prompted me what function to do with that contact (i.e email text, cell, etc.)

Last edited:

allmack

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Right after OTA update there were no widgets in the list... All I did was soft reset and then they were available again. Hope it helps you too.

Can someone describe to me the soft reset ? my wifes eris just received
the 2.1 and apparently she has lost many things including her widgets and
everyone on her phone list

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
While its best to do a Factory reset after the OTA update to 2.1 the widget missing issue is usually esaily fixed with a battery pull.

That fixed it for me, but I ended up doing a factory reset regardless because of other buggyness. The old 1.5 cache doesn't seem to jive with the 2.1 update.

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I just manually powered down and back up, and I got my contacts and widgits and everything back...everything is cool with me.

I DID have to set up my home pages again though. If I had a Droid that wouldn't be a problem, but 7 pages aaaaaah.

SoSoFresh

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Can someone describe to me the soft reset ? my wifes eris just received
the 2.1 and apparently she has lost many things including her widgets and
everyone on her phone list

Soft reset is bat pull or just power down for a moment. But as IzelTokatl said, if you have the time and willingness, hard reset probably the best option in the long run.