Facebook sync added contacts I don't want

joshr

May 17, 2010
Visit site
All the sudden, every single one of my facebook friends that have their phone number on their profile have been added to my phone. There not part of my "People" application, but my phone recognizes their numbers, and shows up their names when I am dialing. I don't want any numbers on my phone beside the ones I add.

How do I get them off??

Thanks

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem. Go to settings, accounts & sync, under manage accounts select facebook, then select remove account from the bottom of the page. Voila, no more facebook in my contacts list.

joshr

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much for responding, it did get rid of all those extra contacts, but now no photos will sync to the ones I originally had, is there anyway to do that like I had before or should I just give up?

thanks!

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the oppisite problem mine wont sync. i just did the manual update and now say i have a buddy names joe smith but hes joey in my phone it wont show any of my fb friends to sync them manually.

tconner95

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The problem I had was when I received the update and then it erased all my contacts, which I didn't have backed up. So I thought that I would go ahead and just put them in gmail, which was great. Until it synced with Facebook. It worked as far as pictures showing for my contacts, but it's pulling phone numbers from Facebook too. Wouldn't be a problem, except some numbers are old or people have put a 1 in front of the number. Or the number I usually call them at isn't the number listed. So what I want to know is how can I still sync to get updates and see their profile pic without it pulling all the info? When I entered contacts manually in 1.5 when I first go the phone, it let me choose what to pull from Facebook. Anyway, long story short, update is nice, but this is a pain in the butt. At least for me. If anyone has any ideas on how to get around this or change the primary contact, I would appreciate it.

mikeyonline

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
There is a place to uncheck facebook under people, view facebook. I did that and it solved it somewhat, When going to create an email it was pulling in facebook friends e-mail address that I know I don't have setup as a contact. Ended up deleting the account to correct the issue for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad