Renaming icon help

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the help so far. Is there a way of renaming icons on one of the home screens? Basically i Have 3 emails linked to this phone and would like to create an icon for all 3 seperate emails on the main homescreen, however I tried my work email account and it shows the icon name as webmail. Id like to change it but a long click only allows me to delete it and not rename it? Any ideas please? Example I was able to do the shortcuts and my work email icon shows exchange active sync... Can i change it to Police mail. Is that possible?

Last edited:

jdeguzman

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Should be able to this when setting up with account Example - I have two email folders 1. Comcast and 2. Wedding.
Open mail folder you want to change, menu - account settings, click next until you get to Edit Account and Change account name accordingly. Tap Finish setup. Go to home screen and long press, tap shortcut, then mail inbox, then choose your inbox.

Is that what you needed? Neither of my accounts are exchange but I would imagine it's almost the same setup as POP.

Huskee

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Or just long press empty spot on a home screen, then click shortcut, then mail inbox. If you have your multiple email addresses already set up it will list them and you can pick one-by-one which inboxes to have a direct icon for.

Beats clicking the general mail icon and having to click the little arrow to open the menu for the one you're looking for.

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Didnt work

Ok here is exactly what Im trying to do. I have a comcast email account, a yahoo email account and a work email account. My work account shows up as exchange active sync. I tried the steps above with no luck, it doesnt allow me to change the name. Im trying to rename the mail icon from exchange active sync to police mail. UPDATE. I tried doing the above for yahoo and comcast and it worked but not for the exchange active sync. Totally different screens. Any ideas?

Huskee... Thanks for the help. Were on the right track. Im able to do what you said and I will get the inbox email icons on the homescreen. Yahoo, comcast and exchange active sync which is the one im trying to change to Police Mail.

Last edited:

Huskee

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Huskee... Thanks for the help. Were on the right track. Im able to do what you said and I will get the inbox email icons on the homescreen. Yahoo, comcast and exchange active sync which is the one im trying to change to Police Mail.

Ok, glad you're almost there. About the exchange active sync, I have no clue. I just use good ol' fashioned webmail like live & hotmail, and have the others forwarded. Perhaps setting a forward option to your 'police mail' and have it forwarded to a new account that you create, and name IT "police mail"??? I know that's the l o n g complicated way to have Police Mail on your homescreen, but it's all I got. I'm sure someone else will point you to another option if one exists...;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol