since upgrade major problems please help

naenaek22

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Since I have upgraded I have had these problems..first when my phone is charging I can't use my phone, it lags bad, the text app freezes, force closes and the cursor always jumps to the beginning n the words mix up. Also while phone is charging the screen always for a to the left from the home screen. I have also had the caller is problem where it takes a min for the caller is to work. I have read through the forums and seen a lot of people say to do a factory reset, before I do that I need to know, will I lose my contacts and how do I back my phone up? I have also seen some people gettin rid of advanced task killer is that app causing problems? I will appreciate any help I can get..thanks.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like you have a bad phone, to be honest.

If your contacts are all Google contacts, and you have syncing with Google turned on, you will not lose your contacts with a factory reset - they will sync back down after you enable the phone with your Google account. You'll also lose all of your apps; your paid ones will come back under the "Downloads" section of the market, but you may want to note which apps that you have installed before you do the factory reset.

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the stock USB charger. I tried a different USB charger once and had all sorts of problems. Screen wouldn't work, buttons didn't work. It was a mess. Then I figured out the amperage was only half of what the OEM charger was. Switched back to the OEM charger and all the problems went away.

naenaek22

May 16, 2010
Visit site
it does it no matter what charger I am using, car charger, usb and home. I have no idea, I have done a factory reset and everything. I am about to throw the pos lol. I have no idea what to do besides deal with it. I cant get another one through verizon because I got this one from a private owner but didnt start having problems until the software upgrade.

naenaek22

May 16, 2010
Visit site
if the phone i have is from a private owner and not from the store but its still under manufacture waranty should I still be able to get a replacement??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2