1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

Default Facebook Contact Sync

I saw this somewhere but I can't find it

Droid Eris originally was syncing FB contacts so they appear in the phone but now decided doesn't like it so we went to Accounts & Sync and to Facebook for HTC Sense and unchecked Sync Contacts. STill FB contacts remain. Does anything else need to do happen? I use the FB widget so if I remove the Facebook for HTC Sense account will that affect my FB widget and what else can I or should I do to remove the contacts?

Thanks
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGS3)
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    HTC Droid Incredible
    HTC Droid Eris

This should solve your irritation.

Open your contacts on the phone, go into "menu" then select "view" and you should be able to uncheck the Facebook listing.

If not, what firmware are you running?
    Thanked by:

I have a similar issue, except my settings for HTC sense are set to not to sync, but the contacts are still syncing with facebook and overwriting the picture I have set and it has status updates. Is there any way to get rid of this?

Quote Originally Posted by hakoreh View Post
    I saw this somewhere but I can't find it

Droid Eris originally was syncing FB contacts so they appear in the phone but now decided doesn't like it so we went to Accounts & Sync and to Facebook for HTC Sense and unchecked Sync Contacts. STill FB contacts remain. Does anything else need to do happen? I use the FB widget so if I remove the Facebook for HTC Sense account will that affect my FB widget and what else can I or should I do to remove the contacts?

Thanks
    Assuming that you have no phone contacts (as opposed to Google contacts), and assuming that you have turned off Facebook for HTC Sense contacts sync:

Go into Settings->Accounts & Sync->Google. Turn off Sync Contacts

Settings->Applications->Manage Applications-> wait until it is done refreshing ->Contacts Storage -> Clear Data

Go back to Settings->Accounts & Sync->Google. Turn on Sync Contacts

This will bring your Google contacts back.
    Thanked by:

Awesome! Thanks!

This finally explained how to get rid of the Facebook assigned pictures.

Will this still sync their updates and birthdays? I just want to get rid of their Facebook picture for theory contact ad replace with ones I have.

I believe an image that you set to the contact will over-ride the facebook image.

This is what I have noticed: if I go into the contact card for a contact linked to a Facebook contact, I can click on the image, and it will ask me which image to use: the Google image or the Facebook profile photo. If I choose the Google contact photo that I have set, it will stick for a while, but then it goes back to the Facebook profile photo. I've just learned to accept it at this point.

Friend upgraded to the 2.1 software 3 days ago and is having issues with Facebook contacts. She doesn't use Google, prefers Facebook. All of them disappeared after the software update and when you try to sync the contacts thru facebook an error message "The Process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again." I've done everything I could to fix it for her but no luck. She didn't use Gmail to sync her contacts, does anyone know how to get facebook contacts to show back up and what that error messsage might mean?

I saw this thread:

One fix suggested is to log out and then back in to your Facebook account, and then try to sync.