How often do you reset your phone?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I use my GPS, Slacker and Pandora, the web, and other features of my phone - in addition to the basic phone - a lot. I have found that occasionally I have to power off my phone and the crank it back up when things, like my GPS or weather, don't work well or at all.

How often do you guys wind up restarting your phone? Is there a recommended frequency of restarting? Is there an app that will help manage whatever causes the problem?

raze813

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Ever since the update I reset it every single morning. If I don't then my phone bugs out and stops notifying me of everything . I miss calls and stop hearing people when I make calls.... its almost become like my old bb storm ... thankfully it isn't

ronopolis

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I run the same apps. Pre OTA update I rarely rebooted the phone. Now it is every other day or so, due to HUGE lag in the phone dialer.

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
Idk what bugs youre all experiencing that it needs to be reset more than once a week...but i use my phone heavily and dont seem to have very many problems that are OS related. My issues have all been apps that freeze, lag or crash altogether.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a few minor issues with the OTA. This was what I noticed:

- I had an issue with reminders sounding without notification, or any way to clear them, so they would keep sounding every five minutes. A swipe down at the lock screen, which was supposed to dismiss the alarm, was not working reliably. I stopped the calendar process once and that seemed to take care of that problem.

- I've had periodic sync issues, where I knew that there should have been updates to Google Calendar and gmail, without updates appearing, and nothing reporting on Google's status page.

- Things tended to get laggy after a while, with a restart always bringing back realy good performance.

Since I rooted the phone last week, I haven't had these issues, except this morning, when Google mail had not updated. I had to kick off a sync manually. Before rooting, though, I wasn't restarting the phone all that often. I think I restarted it once (when I noticed the change in performance.) I did do a factory reset and reinstall of everything the day after the OTA was delivered. I think that made a big difference. As much as I like Sense, I think if I were still on leak 3 or OTA I would probably have switched to an alternate home by now. I was running normal home on 1.5 and the phone was so much faster than it was on Sense, at least on my phone.

likwidsoul

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
You can switch to normal home and not use sense but it will always be running on your phone. There is no true way to disable it completely. It is cooked into the Rom and handles a lot of processes. But if you want the phone to run faster don't use a lot of widgets. It will be less that your phone has to update every time it wakes up. But in answer to your question I reboot every time my phone dies. I don't recharge untill its dead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463