Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone screen very slow/Problem texting..HELP

Ok everyone I have eliminated the task killer and have a lot of apps installed but im facing 2 major problems still. When using the phone it runs terribly slow. I hit phone button and it takes at least 10-15 seconds to open then when dialing there is a major lag. Also when texting I will go ahead and send a text then the phone freezes up and gives me an error saying exception-force close. This is a major pain. Any ideas? I also cleared the cache and data on all the apps. Thanks a lot, Chuck

I know you said you have cleared the data and cache but have you cleared out your txt messages. My Incredible started slowing down, just like my Storm used to do, so I cleared out my txt messages and it picked back up. I don't know if that was the real problem but clearing them seems to have resolved the situation for me.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

task killer isnt a good thing for the eris???

i dumped my task killer and it seamed to run faster

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tada1096 View Post
    i dumped my task killer and it seamed to run faster
    +1 Same for me.

Task killer is redundant. The OS already has one. Also, it causes weird stuff cuz itll shut down stuff you dont necessarily want to stop.