1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Intermittent hyper scrolling

My Eris has a scrolling issue which is very annoying. Often occurs while browsing as I am usually scrolling slowly with my finger, whereby it will on occasion begin scrolling at full speed, like a slot machine.

I know I've seen this issue mentioned before, as I read about it when I first got my Eris with 1.5. My device was problem free until a few weeks into use when the 1.5 OTA update came around. So this is an issue which started on my device in 1.5 and continues into 2.1.

I've tried Multitouch Vis Test and it seems to work fine, no jumping around or anything. So I cannot say with confidence that this is a hardware issue. What I suspect is that they compute the movement in such a way that it gives oddball readings when the device may be laggy.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

it's not that the phone gets oddball numbers at random and says idk what to do lets scroll fast...

But you are correct the phone lags and what happens is when it lags like that it thinks you just moved your finger farther and faster than you did

Think of it like this. Your scrolling slow... lag lag lag... but you continue moving your finger. When the phone catches up it says ok so your finger just moved from point A (before the lag) to point B (after the lag) in 1ms so that must be a fast swipe... and than ZOOOOOOOMMMMM off it goes. It's a pain in the *** but there isn't much you can do about it.

I agree; that drives me bats. I assume that it happens when other apps are having events happen in the background. There is a dark side to all of this multi-tasking...
    High Five Champion

ROM
    CM9 Nightlies

Yeah I have this same problem. It does bother me but I've learned to deal with it. Ur not alone friend!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I guess since it happens to others as well, they ought to fix it with a better algorithm.