Facebook notifications?

Kane#AC

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm a new Droid user coming from a Blackberry. I'm having trouble getting my messages and notifications through the FB app. I always recieve notification through my email, but nothing comes through on FB. Is this a known issue or has anyone come up with a solution for this? Still trying to find my way around all of the Droid features so I may have just missed a step.
I also notice that the shortest sync frequency for FB is 1 hour. Does that mean it will only check the FB server every hour rather than notify me as soon as I get a FB message?
Thanks for the help.

kharper2008

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm so glad you asked this - I just got my Eris yesterday (former BB) and I'm also curious about the very same thing... along with a few other items :confused:

-k

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
The lowest sync is 30 minutes in the Facebook App. You can always manually refresh it by hitting the menu button, but right now, there is no "instant" refresh or anything.

We are all waiting for a better facebook app since the SDK got released :/

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
The FaceBook app for Android needs a lot of work. Some people just prefer to use the mobile site. You can log into the full site to set what notifications you get by email.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
With my blackberry, it used to pull the emails off my gmail and show up as "notifications" in the messages menu and it would automatically delete it off my gmail so I don't get double notifications

is there any way to do this at all with Android? Thanks

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
With my blackberry, it used to pull the emails off my gmail and show up as "notifications" in the messages menu and it would automatically delete it off my gmail so I don't get double notifications

is there any way to do this at all with Android? Thanks

no, because the bb alerts were basically a GUI for the emails, this fb app actually has data based alerts, just not for responses. you can get pretty much anything else. for now we're stuck with email or txt alerts, combined with the app and the mobile site. but it's worth not being on a BB anymore, IMO.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech