- 06-17-2010, 08:21 AM #2
- 06-17-2010, 10:25 AM #3
Here is a good walkthrough of the steps you will use. As xesso mentioned, the steps are the same if you have 2.1 installed OTA with a 1.46 bootloader.
You may want to read this if you want to try to set up the ability to unroot later on, though the images to do that are publicly available anyway.
Two ROMs that I like and recommend are Ivan's Official 1.0 alpha (don't let the alpha fool you - it's stable, and very close to stock 2.1, with speed and many of the less popular apps set up to always run) and Xtr ROM 2.1, which has most of the HTC frameworks without the SenseUI front end - it's very lean, with a lot of free space, and FAST. Just follow the directions carefully - you flash the ROM itself, reboot, set up your Google account, then restart in recovery and flash the Google extra apps (and any of the other options, such as the HTC social networking sync apps and live wallpaper support.) Again, though, I'd start with Ivan's and get comfortable with that.
- 06-17-2010, 10:36 AM #4
- 17 Posts
- 06-17-2010, 08:32 PM #7
Again, if you read those steps carefully, you should be all set.
- 06-18-2010, 08:44 PM #10
- 06-20-2010, 09:25 PM #11
- restart the phone in recovery (by holding Volume Up while pressing power),
- (optionally) going to backup/restore, perform a Nand backup (in case you want go back to this ROM the way that it is now, without having to reinstall and reset everything),
- go back to the Recovery Menu,
- go to the Wipe menu, perform both Wipe Dalvik Cache and Wipe data/factory reset,
- go back to the Main Menu, -
- and then choose to flash a new ROM image.