Calling in about eris problems.

Erisdenile

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So for about a month I've been having some of the same problems people on the forums are having. loss of audio during calls, no audio all together, and very slow phone calling. I have also done a Factory Reset that was recommended after 2.1 update. This is my 1st replacement eris (2nd eris all together) and I was planning on calling Verizon tomorrow to address these issues. Now, I'm 16 so my mother will be on the phone most of the time as she is the account holder :p. Should I also include the trackball issue I had on my original eris to this list of problems when We call? Any suggestions on what I should add? All in all I'm trying to get a droid replacement because I am so fed up with what 2.1 has done to the eris and my brother has a droid and I've loved it.

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
basically what you need is a game plan....here is your game plan:

explain to the rep, politely and promptly the problems you've had and how they impact your daily use...ask the rep how they are going to resolve each issue specifically. if they can't resolve them, suggest getting a different phone as a replacement. position it like this:
it costs "X" every time i call in, and to get a replacement, and this will go on numerous times until either A) there's an update to address these issues or B) you have a different phone that doesn't have those issues. now quantify that...say it costs $40 per call including transfer to tech support, plust shipping and hardware...vs just outright exchanging the phone now. i'd say ask for the incredible first, then you can go back to the droid after that if you really want it.

position it as a win/win and it'll be a no brainer.

i suggest writing an outline of points you want to touch on, such as bugs and how they affect you.

in the end, it's their decision. just make it easy for them to decide in your favor. it's not an argument or a debate so don't treat it that way. you're not really entitled to anything other than another eris at this point, so be polite and say thank you regardless of the results.

BOOM! i just blew your mind. you're gonna get that phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the game plan and staying calm. A good question to ask as well is, "What would you do in my situation if this had happened to you? What are my options if I get a replacement Eris and the same thing happens one more time?"

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, just email corporate and write a nice email. Do not tangle with the call centers. They will just say the same thing over and over again. I was fed up getting my replacements (was on the 5th one and the one they sent me had dead pixels...). Corporate agreed to replace my Eris with an Incredible. Corporate will actually listen and understand, and even help you out if you write a nice thought out email. Call Centers generally don't care about the customer from my experience. Though there are the exceptions.

If you want to email corporate here are ideas to include:

- Phone problems - Be as detailed as you can. The more, the better.
- Problems with call centers - State that you have been going around a merry-go-round and it won't stop. If they were rude to you, then state it nicely in the email. Did they lie to you? State that as well.
- Don't want to talk to corporate by email? Then tell them. Tell them you would much rather talk on the phone about the issue(s) that you have been having.

Just be nice, but firm. Be blunt about what you want. If it's an Incredible because you love Sense UI and that you can't stand the stock version, then tell them that. It's one of the phone similar features. Same with the keyboard. If you can't stand the physical keyboard tell them that is why you went with the Eris.

I hope this helps you out some. If you would like more info just let me know. I can also post the email that I sent if you would like to help you write the email to them.

Erisdenile

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the help. Called them today with my mother on as well (conference style :p) and the guy was nice so i was upset about have a very rude person as a support person but he just said pull the battery out, which ive done about every time Ive had this problem to "get the issue again" and it didnt, so he said to wait till this problem happens again and to call when it happends and to not restart my phone. Which I'm a little upset about that all they do for me is just say: oh I cant do anything but call when your phone gets the problem again. Thank you for reccomendation on the corporate e-mail, by chance do you have the e-mail? I am now an account manager so I think they can reply to me without emailing my mom and having her worry about it :p.
(edited to remove profanity)

Last edited:

Terry4505

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I did this exact same thing. I was on my second Eris, and was totally fed up with the problems.

I created a detailed list of problems and how they effected my daily life, (no audio on important calls with babysitter etc.)

C.S. suggested a factory reset, when I explained to her that I had already done that, along with every suggestion I could find online, she sent me up to the next guy, and he sent me up to the next guy, I was patient and firm, and am now a proud Incredible owner and couldn't have been happier with my VZW customer service experience.

Erisdenile

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Congrats! I just sent an email to corporate last night about my problems so we'll see how long till we get a call. Hopefully not too long :p. I told them about the problems I've been having and the only way to solve these issues permanently was to issue me a different phone model. Tried to sound as friendly and nice as possible to further my cause.

likwidsoul

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I did all of this and all I got was another Eris. But I am persistent and when the new one comes Monday I will most likely be starting all over again in a few weeks.

Erisdenile

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The first time I emailed them about my trackball issue i got a phone call like the next day. So definitaly better than getting to talk to CS who do nothing for you.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I went threw 4 Eris. Finally got them to send me an Incredible. It took me 3 hours on the phone and 3 phones in 3 weeks to do it but I did it.

When you call. They'll have you go threw the steps. Then as said make it known you are not happy and don't see a solution with out a different device.

They say they have full power and can do anything there supervisors can do. That simply isn't true. I gave them an option that I've taken before, and thought was fair. I send the Eris back and pay the difference between that and the Incredible. They told me that can't do that..

They tried talking me out of talking to there supervisor but finally patched me through... The supervisor was more than happy to allow me to do that being as I've been a loyal customer and blah blah blah.

I do need to email about another issue now... Does anyone have the email? is it different than the tech support email on there site?

Thanks,
Phil

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Verizonwireless.com > Contact Us > Send an Email (Located on the left hand side) > Choose Option: I recieve a monthly Statement

This email is different than the call centers. It goes directly to a Verizon Corporate Employee.

Erisdenile

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Got a call at around noon central time regarding my email, They told me to call back but when I call back it does CS automation stuff. CS did nothing for me the first time I called. What should I do?

actually called them and the guy was cool, said that its a known issue and theyre working on fixing it, documented it and definitly gunna write down every problem Im having with this phone to get a new one :p

Last edited:

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
The email should have given a number to call. If not, try calling the number that called you. If that doesn't work, email them back with the exact same email.

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Email them back stating that you need a contact number for them so you can talk to them. If they tell you to call the tech support number instead, then tell them you would like the number to Verizon corporate headquarters. They MUST either give you the phone number or address. The email on the site deals with Verizon directly. Unlike the tech support number.

The call centers most likely(opinion) do not care about your problem with your phone. They say they can't do a lot of things, when in fact, they can do much more than they lead on about.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The call centers most likely(opinion) do not care about your problem with your phone. They say they can't do a lot of things, when in fact, they can do much more than they lead on about.

I've found the first part to be true at least half the time.. There have been some CS reps that are really up front about the issues and how wide spread they are.. Thats what Helped me get the incredible and send back the eris

The last part is true 100% of the time.. Verizon lost subscribers this last quarter or the quarter before. Supervisors will go above and beyond the CS rep to keep you happy..

I'm not saying go to them with some outrageous request. But if its reasonable they'll entertain it.

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh yes, I do agree with you there. There are some CS reps that love to help people and will go out of the way of the scripts to help you out. I've spoken to some like that, but that was when I still had my BB Storm...I haven't had a good one since :(