1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems "multitasking" with Google Nav

I used to be able to run Google Nav with other apps, like Pandora or Slacker. Lately, however, I can't. Usually it's Google Nav that pretty much locks up or just FC's. Anybody else run into this? Is my just-purchased-in-November Eris already an old man ready for the nursing home?
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

Yeah, I've been having this problem this week. I'm on a business trip in Texas and twice now my gps either got laggy and gave directions after I already passed highway exits or it just force closed. I was using Last.fm and the HTC music app. The music app tends to be slow so I tried Last.fm thinking it might work better, but GNav FCs regardless after some time. I've just been using GNav by itself so I don't miss any turns, but it makes for a boring drive without music.
    HTC Droid Eris owner

^^ You know you can get a radio in your car now, right?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by MrWilliams View Post
    ^^ You know you can get a radio in your car now, right?
    You funny man I hate commercials and the repetition. Since I drive a lot as well, I hate having to change channels and static drives me nuts. So it's for my own good.

Regarding the conflict between the Nav and the music, I've found that if I start the music first and then the Nav, then I have fewer problems. If I start the Nav first, then the music, then I almost always have lag, FC or other issues.
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4