Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Internal memory getting low

What is stored on internal memory other than apps? I need to free some of it up but don't really have any significantly sized apps to remove. All my media is stored on the SD. I have Astro file manager, FYI.

Thanks
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

Cache. You can go through your apps in settings->applications->manage applications and, after the list is updated, sort by size. You can go into each and try deleting the cache for the largest ones. The browser is probably a big culprit.
    Thanked by:
    JennRN 

Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    Cache. You can go through your apps in settings->applications->manage applications and, after the list is updated, sort by size. You can go into each and try deleting the cache for the largest ones. The browser is probably a big culprit.
    Excellent tip. Thank you very much. I suppose how often you do this depends on how much you use your device. Is there an application that can automate this process and clear cache in the background?

There is an app called CacheMate, but it is only for users with root access, unfortunately. I'm not sure if there is something for non-root users.

There is this one (which I have never used); it will at least let you sort by cache size, and go in to the apps one at a time.

with root you can remove lots of bloatware, and overclock a little bit. it helps free up space, and multi-tasking is a bit better.
    Love,
    Patches,
    Kthxbai