- 1 Posts
Fixing my phone.
I have had a droid eris for what I think has been a year. It is rooted and running honeycomb(cyanogen?). The battery lasts 1 hour at best and can drop from full power to 2% just from turning it off and on. Most of the apps refuse to run and the screen is very cracked (tape works wonderfully.
With the state its in, I should get a new phone. I am poor. Is there any way to make this phone slightly more functional?
I have thought to restore it to stock, but I didn't think rooting made your phone degenerate faster. Does running a higher op hurt it?
Also, would buying a new battery be worth anything?
- 01-25-2013, 09:23 PM #2
- 1,152 Posts
Re: Fixing my phone.
Amazon.com: HTC OEM BTR-6200B BATTERY Droid Eris 6200 Incredible: Cell Phones & Accessories
(The original Droid Incredible and the Droid Eris used the same battery.)
The Eris originally came out in November 2009 and was stopped being sold in about March 2010, so that phone, though you have had it for a year, is probably about three years old. For what it's worth, the Cyanogen mods (I am sure that yours is Gingerbread, as Honeycomb was for tablets only) always gave me better battery life than stock.
- By cpaight in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 07-03-2012, 07:58 PM
- By gizzyman in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 5Last Post: 04-13-2011, 02:22 PM
- By fstbusa in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 16Last Post: 01-08-2011, 12:28 PM
- By lolreconlol in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 10-27-2010, 02:53 PM
- By logodude in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 06-16-2010, 11:42 AM