slow....

giggalz41

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
does anyone else have this problem with their eris??? it drives me crazy when i'm just simply texting someone and i load it and it takes a minute to load..then when i send a text i have to wait for it to load etc..not only does it not catch up to when i'm texting on it..then having to delete it..cause it put symbols instead of what i actually typed..

i just went from a storm to this...and granted i knew it wasnt going to be perfect..but i seriously shouldnt be told to please wait loading...i pee faster...

giggalz41

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
i forgot to mention i have task killer...i even paid for the pro edition of task killer..thinking maybe it got rid of more or something...i have an average of 60-65memory available..

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Personal opinion: Task Killer caused me more trouble than it was worth. Even with trying different settings, battery life was noticeably decreased for me. There have been countless discussions regarding lag issues with the Eris. Unfortunately, there aren't many options other than a) Root it or b) Call Verizon and explain the issues you are having. They'll more than likely offer to send out a refurb Eris to you at no charge. You're problems may dissappear or may return. 50/50 chance on that.

Have you installed the latest OS update? If so, have the issues you mentioned been more frequent?

On the bright side of things, glad to hear you have a properly functioning bladder. :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the task killer opinion - it just makes the OS waste time reopening the apps that you run all of the time. Texting is best when you run an app like Delete Old Messages to keep the number of SMS messages down. You can back up your messages for archival purposes to a Google calendar using SMS Backup, which does its thing automatically in the background (so long as you do not close it with a task killer.)

teggy6

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
delete old messages is a great idea, i used to have over 9000 in one thread, and it took some time to load, and a long time to get all those deleted haha, but now i have it set to delete after 300 person, and it sends and opens alot better, or you can also root and rip a custom rom on if your tech smart, theres a way to do it now with just a couple button clicks on your phone.

giggalz41

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
well i ended up doing a factory reset..i've tried dozen of sms delete apps..and none of them would do anything...doing a factory reset has made it much smoother and faster...then it was previous...

i've finally go to root it..and it took half the night to..i put a rom on it that i saw most people recommending..i didnt like the look of it...some things were in chinese..so therefore i wasnt understanding it...and it wouldnt allow me to connect to anything..so i felt kinda screwed...and hated it more so then before lol..i searched up unrooting..but of course like rooting..you get 500 different answers and most werent very straight or clear..so from rooting..i kind of went on my own..and thankfully restored it to how it was BEFORE i rooted...i'm still interested in rooting..but i like the look of the eris..so i dont want to get rid of that..i just want it to run smoother and faster..so thats what i'm in search for now...

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
i rooted and deleted some bloatware, and overclocked. the only delay i have now is from handcent, it just takes a second to load everything, but the response time for EVERYTHING is improved. even connecting to wifi is at least twice as fast as it was before. i'm up to 710mhz i believe, and my battery life is improved since it's on demand, when the phone is locked it runs down to 245 or something like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463