Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default finally left RIM for android

I just got my HTC Droid Eris a couple weeks ago and I am so happy that I left blackberry. I had the storm1 and I have had so many problems with it . NEVER going back. Trying to get the Droid X later this month for my one year upgrade .
    Android=Awesome

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

welcome to the world of android. you're gonna have a fine time.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

i did the same exact thing. although i never had a problem with my storm 1. i used my upgrade to get an eris because the android intrigued me and never looked back for one second. more stable operating system, no battery pulls for slow moving phone...aw heck you know what its like! and the X looks awesome, thats what my girlfriend is getting next month to get rid of her windows phone...whole other story... lol

Smart move by coming to android. I'm not missing my blackberry at all.

I did the same (came from a Tour). Now root that thing and load xtrROM 4.0.6.1.

I'll be up for an upgrade in a month or so, but I'm thinking that right now, I'm pretty satisfied with my Eris. (I HATED it before I rooted). I'll probably wait a while before I upgrade.

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

I'll say one thing for the Storm 9530, it was THE phone on VZWs network that caused tens of thousands of users to drop their feature/dumb phones, fork up the extra dough and take the smartphone plunge. Granted the experience was less than steller (I'm being kind) but typically people who go the smartphone route rarely regress.

RIM indoctrinated all these new users only to lose them to Android devices 18-24 months later.

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.2.2 GS4

Quote Originally Posted by mikestorm View Post
    I'll say one thing for the Storm 9530, it was THE phone on VZWs network that caused tens of thousands of users to drop their feature/dumb phones, fork up the extra dough and take the smartphone plunge. Granted the experience was less than steller (I'm being kind) but typically people who go the smartphone route rarely regress.

RIM indoctrinated all these new users only to lose them to Android devices 18-24 months later.
    Yeah I agree. Blackberry was what caused my wife to start thinking about a smartphone upgrade from her LG Envy2 but after she saw the Droid it was over lol.
    "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy
    -Lao Tzu

Default Re: finally left RIM for android

The storm was a great starter smartphone, but like any new device it wasn't without its bugs. I didn't use my upgrade to get my eris I just payed my friend $90 and I couldn't be happier. Going to upgrade to another android device this winter.

Sent from my FroyoEris clocked @768MHZ

I am interested as to why you picked the Eris and not one of the more modern phones like the Droid Incredible.
    I came to the Eris - my first smartphone - and it was basically the Droid (didn't like the size and didnt' like the slider keyboard) and the Eris. Small but sometimes kind of laggy. I ended up taking the Eris because it was only $50 at the time (mid March 2010). The Eris is OK, but I kind of wish that I had waited and gotten the incredible now.

Quote Originally Posted by sjankis630 View Post
    I am interested as to why you picked the Eris and not one of the more modern phones like the Droid Incredible.
    I came to the Eris - my first smartphone - and it was basically the Droid (didn't like the size and didnt' like the slider keyboard) and the Eris. Small but sometimes kind of laggy. I ended up taking the Eris because it was only $50 at the time (mid March 2010). The Eris is OK, but I kind of wish that I had waited and gotten the incredible now.
    I am curious about this too. I am considering getting a Hero on sprint now because of size and the fact that i don't feel like paying for 4G yet.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Well the main reason I got it is because it was so much cheaper then other android phones on Verizon (bought of Craigslist). After I sold my storm1 I came out even. It might just be a starter android phone but it kicks any blackberrys ***. I'm getting the DX very soon though .