Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Default Stuck on skateboard screen

Hi everyone I hope you can help.

When I turn my DROID Eris on it just goes to this skateboard screen. It doesn't do anything else not even the Verizon screen/logo.

I have already done a factory reset by holding vol down send and the on button but it didn't help.

Stuck on skateboard screen-uploadfromtaptalk1370814996289.jpg
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Stuck on skateboard screen

If you hold VolDn while powering up, does it start the HBOOT screen? (You'll know it when you see it...) Or does it just show skateboards?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Yes, it takes me here...

Stuck on skateboard screen-uploadfromtaptalk1370919197501.jpg

Ok, this is pretty involved, but the procedure in the following thread, starting with the post I am linking, has recovered several Erises from a similar condition: http://androidforums.com/eris-all-th...ml#post4475687

What I think happens is that a critical part of one of the flash storage partitions (misc or system) gets errors. The ErisMTD_Nuke flash resets the flash storage to ignore the spots with errors and allows you to reflash proper data with the steps that follow. If HTC had ever released an RUU (which is a file that HTC phones can use to reflash a phone quickly with the latest update) with the latest over the air update from July 2011 this would have been *a lot* easier.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    Ok, this is pretty involved, but the procedure in the following thread, starting with the post I am linking, has recovered several Erises from a similar condition: http://androidforums.com/eris-all-th...ml#post4475687

What I think happens is that a critical part of one of the flash storage partitions (misc or system) gets errors. The ErisMTD_Nuke flash resets the flash storage to ignore the spots with errors and allows you to reflash proper data with the steps that follow. If HTC had ever released an RUU (which is a file that HTC phones can use to reflash a phone quickly with the latest update) with the latest over the air update from July 2011 this would have been *a lot* easier.

Thanks for all of your help. I will try this as soon as I get home tonight.