Eris Trackball Issue

Sbkillz

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Is anybody else having an issue with their trackball? For some reason my trackball won't scroll to the left unless I hold it down and scroll. Any fix ideas?

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Is anybody else having an issue with their trackball? For some reason my trackball won't scroll to the left unless I hold it down and scroll. Any fix ideas?
Have you tried taking a damp lint-free cloth and using that to scroll around a few times? It could be that a speck of dust or cloth material or fibers from cloth have lodged in between and causing this concern. I have had similar issues when I used BB devices with trackball designs and were prone to this issue. Overall HTC has NOT had many issues with their trackball designs.......you never know.

AnthonyM

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I cant seem to go down anymore, and it seems to be pushed in to much compared to my Wife's trackball. is this a normal wear and tear issue or would verzion fix this for me?

eris_007

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the second replacement eris. Same problem cropped up again. We don't need to use the track ball, when we try using the phone while the USB cable is plugged in for charging, the phone behaves erratically.
The positioning of the trackball on top of the USB port seems to be compromising the structural integrity of the contacts/mounting/PCB. The Verizon Wireless store agrees there is a genuine problem. It seems to be a design defect. I am totally fed up with HTC phones with trackball (Google Nexus too??) and Verizon won't replace it with a different model.

arc#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
replacement trackball board

My roommate has a busted HTC Eris trackball. I replaced his trackball sub-board with one from my phone and it worked, so I'm certain its not the physical trackball but the board.

Does anyone know where to purchase a replacement board for him?

yurizyx

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: replacement trackball board

My roommate has a busted HTC Eris trackball. I replaced his trackball sub-board with one from my phone and it worked, so I'm certain its not the physical trackball but the board.

Does anyone know where to purchase a replacement board for him?
There is none in the market right now, what I suggest you to do is, remove the 2 screws from the sub board or the track ball sensor PBC, using a hair blower, put it to the highest setting and the heat it for 5 minutes. Concentrate on the 4 black chip resistors, but if your problem is down scroll, the chip resistor that should be heated is the one on the left side of the microphone.
If your techy enough, try to replace that chip resistor from your old phones with a trackball. Even with a BB trackball, remove the chip resistor from it and replace it on your HTC, it will work.:)

Geochris35

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had my eris for about 16 months now and am wondering if I have ever used my trackball. Nice feature but not a lot of actual utility.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463