Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Icon Glossary For Droid (Not sure what Symbols on very top are)

Hi I had this weird symbol in between the 3G symbol and the 911 symbol (looks like a target sign) on the top of my phone. It looked like a tilted polaroid pic with marks on each side like its vibrating. any ideas what this icon means? It resides on the very top of the screen

thanks in advance
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

durrr vibrate mode.. no idea why they didnt include the manual in the box.
    http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/..._eris/eris.pdf

well, the manual is around 248 pages, so I can see that. But like you linked, it's fairly easily available online and has a couple pages that show all the icons that may appear on the status bar.

i have an icon on my hero.. that looks like an ear.. kind of ... and it has the lines coming out one side of it .. kinda like sound waves? maybe can anyone tell me what this icon is?
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by htchero21 View Post
    i have an icon on my hero.. that looks like an ear.. kind of ... and it has the lines coming out one side of it .. kinda like sound waves? maybe can anyone tell me what this icon is?
    I wanna say speaker phone but not sure
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

This is the hearing aid icon. go in phone settings and uncheck the hearing aid box and it will go away.

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

Quote Originally Posted by o2bnclemson View Post
    well, the manual is around 248 pages, so I can see that. But like you linked, it's fairly easily available online and has a couple pages that show all the icons that may appear on the status bar.
    i just downloaded the manual directly to my phone so it's always handy whenever i have a question.

Quote Originally Posted by skilletrx View Post
    Hi I had this weird symbol in between the 3G symbol and the 911 symbol (looks like a target sign) on the top of my phone. It looked like a tilted polaroid pic with marks on each side like its vibrating. any ideas what this icon means? It resides on the very top of the screen

thanks in advance

Default Re: Icon Glossary For Droid (Not sure what Symbols on very top ar

I get an En symbol whenever I shift the keyboard out to type and then it makes the letters work like shortcuts so I cant type. I can type fine if I stay on the glass but as soon as I shift the keyboard out the En comes back. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Morgore

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

Quote Originally Posted by Morgore View Post
    I get an En symbol whenever I shift the keyboard out to type and then it makes the letters work like shortcuts so I cant type. I can type fine if I stay on the glass but as soon as I shift the keyboard out the En comes back. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Morgore
    i think you will get more assistance if you post over in the general help forum or the forum for whichever phone you have. this is the eris forum and since the eris doesn't have a keyboard you probably won't get much help over here.

I have an icon that looks like a monitor (or a podium) that isn't shown in the list on the manual. Does anyone know what that is?

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

Quote Originally Posted by ben_fields View Post
    I have an icon that looks like a monitor (or a podium) that isn't shown in the list on the manual. Does anyone know what that is?
    would if be possible for you post a screenshot?

Hi:

Has anyone run into this symbol on the status bar. Cannot get rid of it for about a month now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Icon Glossary For Droid (Not sure what Symbols on very top are)-icon.jpg  

Hi...I have a Huawei Ascend and a symbol has appeared in the status bar that looks like a grey lightbulb with a lightning bolt in it. It doesn't want to go away. Any ideas?

Ah...power save function. Sorted.
    Last edited by bonyman; 05-24-2012 at 02:44 AM. Reason: solved problem myself

Smile Re: Icon Glossary For Droid (Not sure what Symbols on very top are)

I have also had this icon on my Sony Xperia T. It relates to the "Hearing Aids (Turn on hearing aid compatibility)" option in the Call Settings. If that option is checked then this icon will show. I have unchecked it and now the icon is gone. Hope this helps .

I have also had this icon on my Sony Xperia T. It relates to the "Hearing Aids (Turn on hearing aid compatibility)" option in the Call Settings. If that option is checked then this icon will show. I have unchecked it and now the icon is gone. Hope this helps .

Default Re: Icon Glossary For Droid (Not sure what Symbols on very top are)

The "Ear symbol with lines coming out" is a symbol that means it is approved for the hard of hearing. The lines coming out denote hairs that are commonly longer and more extensive in the ears of older people who are most likely to be losing their hearing. They identify with the long hairs coming out of their ears. (That's the best answer I can give. The actual reason for their hearing loss is probably related to the amount of freaking hair they have growing in their ears. Just sayin' . . .)

You're welcome. .