Droid Eris: "Messages" icon launching incorrect application

DrDownload

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone experienced any issues where the "Messages" icon or any other icon when selected is bringing up an incorrect applicaton?

Instances where I select the "Messages" icon for txting in a short timeframe after using any other application or ending a call, it brings up either the application I was just using or the phone call information for the call that was just terminated.

If I wait 10-15 mins, then the "Messages" icon brings up the standard txting screen.

I have tried to remove the icon from the HomeScreen and recreate it, still didnt work.

I have tried to remove the icon and launch from the complete Programs list, still didnt work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kuth70

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Given the problems already with the default texting app, and what you have going on there. I'd turn off all notifications from the messaging app, reboot the phone. Install Handcent, and take the icon for the messaging app of your screen and never load it again.

Handcent is a great app, plus the default app has been known to suck battery life due to a bug.

th3chase

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
i installed handcent, made it my default messenger, but when i get a message i get a notification on both and i cant turn off the original messengers notifications

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463