Screen goes black during calls

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
When I make a call as soon as i hit send, the screen goes black, and I cant get it to come back on. None of the buttons will work other than the end. Then the screen will come back on. How can I fix this, so I can see the screen during a call

Kuth70

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
The proximity sensor will shut the screen off during a call if something gets near it.

If you're using a bluetooth headset, how do you hold the phone when using it? Do you have a hand or thumb near the top of the phone?

TeacherTom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
When I make a call as soon as i hit send, the screen goes black, and I cant get it to come back on. None of the buttons will work other than the end. Then the screen will come back on. How can I fix this, so I can see the screen during a call

I use a free app called Shake Awake. Check it out in the market. It is pretty good about waking the screen up when the phone is moved. You can even adjust the amount of movement required to activate it.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I have had a similar problem this weekend. Wound up accidentally hanging up on someone. With mine, I understand the proximity sensor, but there have been a few couple of times where the screen stays black. I'll have to check out the Shake Awake app, but which setting is the one that is shutting the screen off entirely, even when it's not up to my ear? It'd be nice to know.

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Well I find out what my problem was. The case that I was using was covering up the proximity sensor. All fixed, just cut a hole in my case. Shake awake sounds cool. I will check that out. Thanks

mozart824

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I got a galaxy s the first one

Please help..I already got 4 phone remplazed and all do the same within 2 days of remplazement

Chuan Seng Yong

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
You need to dial
1) *#*#6484#*#*
2) Then tap No: 7
3) Close the sensor located on top left of your Redmi Note, Then Tap the central Chinese word to adjust the 0 to 5.0 or above and then tap the bottom left
4) It will come to the test function, you need to tap menu, back, Vol up and Vol down and all the test fuction will turn to green, then tap the bottom left Chinese word
5) then tap back till it ask you ok to leave, tap ok.

It should be solve your problem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12