Just got need help starting up

hybridboy695

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
So I just got a droid eris. This is my first android phone and I am so excited. I was wondering if you guys and gals could help me set it up. What apps do I need? What is essential for me to get this phone up and running?

Thanks a lot.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Essentially? Nothing. Usually you can do a google search for"top ten android apps". All those apps lists are the same hehe.

Most importantly you need a gmail account.

After you sign into the phone with your gmail account the rest is taken care of for you...contacts ect.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid hungry

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
well if you didnt have a gmail account with contacts saved on it before then i dont believe that it would download them automatically but correct me if im forgetting something.

dmast205

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Have had my eris for about a year. It's a pretty good little phone, but needs to be maintained. A gmail account is a must. With all the apps available, you're tempted to go overboard right away. Go slowly, and look into the apps you're considering, some apps don't play well with the eris!

I would look into a different browser-there are some good ones out there-dolphin hd or opera. A file mananger is also handy, I use astro. dropbox is good for pc work. From there, explore different apps that suit you. If your phone starts to do strange things, go back to the last app you dl'd, dump it, and see how your phone performs.

Every few days clear your cache. The phones' internal storage is not large, and cache can eat it up. Go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications. Let it load click menu>sort by size. Click on each app and hit clear cache. You'll pick up several megs dong this.

Keep checking the forums and they should be able to walk you through any problems. Good luck, and enjoy!