So I have a Storm2 and an eligible upgrade...

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I started out November 08 with my first smartphone, Blackberry Storm. I then upgraded this past November and got the Storm2. It runs/clicks much better than the first. The problem is the web crawls along and there aren't a ton of apps for it, actually there aren't many apps at all for it. I'm not a big emailer, I like apps/games/web. Are there any converts that have an opinion for me whether they are happy or miss their blackberry? I'd appreciate all feedback.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I took back my storm 2 to best buy and got the eris. So glad. Ive been using blackberries for years and don't miss it. I'm loving my eris. The android software is so easy and reasponsive. The size is great. Slips in my pocket or handbag.:)

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the storm1 and played with the storm 2 and the droid. Needless to say I got the DROID and I havent really looked back. I just coudnt justify using an upgrade for almost the same phone with obvious better typing. One thing that discouraged me was the VZW store I went to had two Storm2's on display and they each had completely different click feels. One I could type fast and perfect on and the other was horrible. So if a product had that much variation I wasnt going to invest in it.

I got the DROID instead, kinda hesitant because I was majorly looking forward to the Storm2 BUT I cant say enough about this phone. THE WEB IS AWESOME. especially coming from a blackberry. The browsing on the droid is more like on a laptop then blackberry. I was not a heavy emailer either so gmail is perfect for me. I love the widgets, multiple screens and amazing apps. There is so much promise and potential. Plus Google is on top of their stuff with updates and such (already had one) as opposed to RIM.

I am staying with the DROID and android till VZ 4G comes out and BB gets a new browser from torch and hopefully newer OS. Maybe then if I need it for business will I go back. (unless I can have two and the BB is free from work lol)

One thing though, you will be able to type faster on the storm2. I know I was by a good amount. The non multitouch virtual keyboard slows things down a little bit but nothing bothersome.

nonie3234

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I had a Storm, now I have the Eris and I am 100 times happier! Like you, I am all about the apps! I got so tired of having to choose between such a limited selection at BB, and - worse than that - not even being able to keep all I want because I ran out of memory! ARG!

Now, I have 109 apps and I still have room! I have SIX screens that I can customize any way I want. And I do NOT miss those battery pulls - this OS just handles it. I have no regrets leaving my Storm!

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the storm 2 now the eris an won't look back. The browser is so much better than the storms . You won't regret getting a android device.

seakarrots

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have a the storm 9530 and am seriously thinking about going to an android phone. I haven't had to many problems other than the usual complaints. But RIM is so bad with updates. Anyone got any advice on which they prefer, the Eris or the Droid?

nonie3234

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I got the Eris mainly because I prefer the User Interface (called "Sense UI") to the Motorola's interface. I like the feel of the Eris better, too. But a lot of this is just personal preference. A coworker of mine likes the weight of the Droid, and he likes the physical keyboard.

[shrug]

My advice to you is to go hang out at the Verizon store and spend some time with each one. I'm pretty sure that you will find you have a preference for one or the other.

spotmark

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the Storm, and it paled in comparison to the Droid. My wife had the Storm2, and after using my Droid, promptly returned it and got the Droid herself.

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying my hardest to stick w/ my storm 1 until july when i get my new every two discount. also hoping the bravo or one of its counterparts comes out for vzw between now and then. either way, unless a new bb comes out that is complete awesomeness w/ a completely new ui, i'll be getting a new android phone!

seakarrots

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm also having that issue of whether or not I feel like waiting to upgrade. Full price is a bit much though.

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Well thanks for all the help guys. You wouldn't believe all the flamers and just plain immature idiots at crackberry that flamed my post asking if anyone there had made the switch and what was their outcome. My Eris will be here tomorrow by 3pm. :) :) :)

jaboda79

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have a the storm 9530 and am seriously thinking about going to an android phone. I haven't had to many problems other than the usual complaints. But RIM is so bad with updates. Anyone got any advice on which they prefer, the Eris or the Droid?

I tried the Droid in the VZ store, but got the Eris instead. Love the SenseUI. Droid may have a bigger screen and a little faster, but for my money, I can't see backing another Motorola. I mean, it's a Moto.

granadzo

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Had a Storm 1 and upgraded to a Tou which is solid while I waited for the S2. I checked the Moto Droid and the Eris and really liked the Eris, I have no regrets and love the phone, I do not see Blackberry catching up for at least another year or two.

seakarrots

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I checked out the droid and the eris at the verizon store and I think I also like the eris better. I've been reading a lot about it too. I really like the sense UI. I read that 2.0 or even 2.1 will be on the eris very soon. So there isn't much the droid will have over then eris. Im not all that excited for a physical keyboard anyway. So nonetheless i ordered an eris! Thanks for the advice everyone. No more glitchy storm for me.

clozer

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I thought I would like the physical keyboard option on the Droid, but being a former Storm owner I never use it. The Nav feature on the Droid sold me as well. Good luck on your switch.

ushneb

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I went the same route. Got the 9530 last Nov and then the 9550 this Nov. I'm getting an Eris but I'm still gonna keep my 9550 in case I need to go back to the good ol' BB.

I'm really looking forward to my Eris though. It's getting in today. :D

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I have both a Droid Eris and Moto Droid in the family. The Moto Droid is much more stable and less buggy. The latest HTC update causes the Eris to lock up repeatedly. HTC has acknowledged this and is working on a fix. The Eris also hangs up calls and sends random SMS messages. VZW says they are known bugs.

VZW has also told us that since the Eris has less available memory than the Moto Droid it is more prone to locking up due to loss of memory.