constant storage problem

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm always getting the "phone storage low" notification, I've deleted a lot of apps and text messages, but it keeps coming back very frequently. Any idea what the problem could be?

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
clear out your cache, menu, settings, applications, click on all the various programs and clear your cache. If you've installed lots of apps, your always going to have this issue. The eris doesn't have much space for lots of apps.

IF your stock, you should root it. I've got 10 times more app space now. I also have Froyo, and use Apps2SD which gives me even more space to load apps... stock is just not worth it anymore on the Eris.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I had that exact same problem. For me, it was Gmail. Go to your Settings --> Applications and then sort by size. My bet is that Gmail will be at the top. Mine showed over 30MB in data. Clear the data (you're not deleting them from Gmail, just clearing it from your phone, so no worries). That should do it.

I'd also recommend rooting and installing the xtrSense ROM. It'll expand your available internal memory significantly.

Sent from my rooted Droid Eris 2.1 (xtrSense)

renilyn

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone come up with anything better for this issue? I did the above and noticed that my two biggest were K-9 Mail and Google Maps actually...Did the data clear, cache clear etc and two text messages & one hour later-same deal.

I currently have about 21 downloaded programs running. Several of those however are "add-ons" to others. I.E.: Handcent font pack (1), Scanner Radio chat add-on (1) and such.

Any other ideas?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone come up with anything better for this issue? I did the above and noticed that my two biggest were K-9 Mail and Google Maps actually...Did the data clear, cache clear etc and two text messages & one hour later-same deal.

I currently have about 21 downloaded programs running. Several of those however are "add-ons" to others. I.E.: Handcent font pack (1), Scanner Radio chat add-on (1) and such.

Any other ideas?

Really, the only other idea is to root the phone and install a ROM that adds a lot more storage. xtrSENSE works just like stock Eris (without the lag), if you like stock except for the issue, but it adds 30 to 40 MB of storage for apps and data.

Twistdiff

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Root that thing, go to XDA>droid eris development and get Workshed's GSB ROM, gapps and also Zach's Cache2cache script. Backup your phone, Wipe, Flash GSB first, C2C script and then gapps. Reboot and prepare for your mind to be blown. More room, SUPER fast and now you are running the latest,greatest Android release. :)