Gmail help-New to Droid

CLAYPOOLS

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I am a Blackberry person who just switched to thee HTC Eris Droid. So glad I made the switch. I bought the phone from someone who had it for a couple of weeks. I can'y figure out how to sign into Gmail so I can sign in. Can anyone help? Thanks for your help.

DROID_Eris_JP

Dec 26, 2009
www.twitter.com
I am a Blackberry person who just switched to thee HTC Eris Droid. So glad I made the switch. I bought the phone from someone who had it for a couple of weeks. I can'y figure out how to sign into Gmail so I can sign in. Can anyone help? Thanks for your help.

Since you bought the phone from someone who had it for a couple of weeks... The phone was probably activated under the previous owner's google account. When you get an Eris for the first time, during the activation process, it asks you to setup your phone with your google account. Once you do this, the phone becomes personalized under that google account for use in all applications.

Therefore, you are going to need to perform a factory reset on the phone.

The factory reset is going to wipe all of the apps downloaded from Market and any prior google accounts on the phone, since apps downloaded are downloaded under the gmail account of the owner of the phone.

Once the reset is done, you will be able to personalize your phone with your own gmail account.

To perform the factory reset:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Click Security
  3. Scroll Down to "Factory data reset"
  4. Click on "Factory data reset"
  5. Click "Reset Phone"

This is the only way known thus far. Good luck!