Missing Contacts

ryan820

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Long story short, I had to walk to the end of a long driveway this weekend to shovel out my wife's car, which could not make it through the 3-4 foot snow drifts that developed over the weekend. We have a 5 mo/old and didn't want her to be out in the wind and cold until the car was warm and freely mobile again. So the deal was I'd call my wife when all was ready. But when I went to call her phone, her contact was missing from my address book. I'd say perhaps it wasn't there before but I call her several times a day and she's always there. This time she was not. So out of curiosity I looked for my mum-in-law's contact (we were at the in-laws ranch) and their contact was missing too!

What gives? If I look in the history I can see their names and numbers but if I look specifically in the address/contacts list they are nowhere to be found.

My wife confirmed this oddity when she went looking for someone's number she knows for a fact she has in the phone yet it was not displayed.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks--
Ryan

colorblot

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
yes.

Yes, i got my droid eris today and i am having the same frustrating problem. I just put in 3 or 4 contacts manually. They are clearly in the phone, as i can get to them from texts' sent and such by holding their name to bring up their info card, but they're not listed under my actual contacts. At some point they just decided to vanish. I think it has something to do with data syncing settings, but no matter what i do with them i can't seem to get them back.

Off to a stellar start here. maybe i'll return this phone.