Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Default oh man :(

I have a busted pixal think... when ever i go on a black screen there is a little green dot i see on the bottom right of the screen does anyone know of a way to fix this or am i screwed
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

You can try this YouTube video:

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

It's missing it its like the bottom right
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

its not working i got it to fit the whole screen should i keep doing it?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I have a LONG history with HTC devices and in my experience, this has become quite a problem for them in the last few years. My last phone, the Touch Pro 2 had this issue, and a poll over at PPCGeeks indicated that 50% of the people on there had either stuck or dead pixels. The video I recommended is a long shot, and some people reported running it for over a half an hour with success, but I could never get it to work for me. I'm not sure there is anything you can do about it other than exchange it or live with it.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
    I have a LONG history with HTC devices and in my experience, this has become quite a problem for them in the last few years. My last phone, the Touch Pro 2 had this issue, and a poll over at PPCGeeks indicated that 50% of the people on there had either stuck or dead pixels. The video I recommended is a long shot, and some people reported running it for over a half an hour with success, but I could never get it to work for me. I'm not sure there is anything you can do about it other than exchange it or live with it.
    I hate dead pixels and also have had many issues with HTC hardware. One of the main reasons I try to avoid their devices. :o
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

so i went back to verizon to return my phone and get a new one and they gave me such a hard time saying that it wasnt a defect i laughed at them and they said since can still use the touch screen it wasnt a defect... after alot of aargueing i ended up getting a new one lol its all good but it was funny
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Good for you for getting a new one. I'm so OCD about stuff like that, that it drives me insane to have to look at a stuck or dead pixel.

I would be looking at that pixel constantly. I'm glad Verizon exchanged it for you. In my experience with the Storm, Verizon has switched out my phone 5 times for very minor issues. One of the reasons I stay with them.