Weird Head Phone (mic) Icon Issue PLEASE HELP!!

oracle646

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Hey Peeps

So I have the Eris and I look through the manual and it shows an icon that just looks like some standard phone icon.

ALL though the one that I have on the phone up on the task bar is the head phone looking icon but with a mic attached. kind of like a telemarketer headset looking thing.

The thing is i can not get rid of it and it is not listed in the manual as an icon. See, i cannot hear a through the speakers when I make a call assuming this is why. I even did a hard reset and it is still there. Also when I plug in a head phone jack, the icon goes to a standard head phone icon, but as soon as I take it out, it goes back to a head phone with a mic. ???????

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks much in advance.

TB

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I would call HTC or take it to a vzw about this issue, because this doesn't seem normal, specially since you said you did a hard reset.

oracle646

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Thats the indicator for the wired headset connection. Time for a trip to Verizon.

Hahaha. I am the Manager at a Verizon store. And let me tell you I know Smartphones/PDA's very very well. Just when no one has experienced this, nor listed even in the manual. This is my resort. Beyond calling HTC.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I meant it's a safe bet to say you're having hardware issues. Phone tells you headset is plugged in when it isn't. Get it replaced.

Wasn't trying to comment on any lack of knowledge or anything of the like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol