NEw Eris user

RoyalDeity

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
hi I just got my HTC Eris and I was wondering if their any tips you guys can give me? I also have a few questions, the 1st is on my homescreen my clock has the weather widget on the bottom but my current city is a city 2 hours away. My city is not listed in the city and when I try to find my location it doesnt work until i move the pin. And when it does it gets my city but I can't set it as my current. Any help?

2nd Battery help I downloaded the ATK but i just don't know how to use it. Any help?

Thanks for the help.

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
the weather showing the wrong city is just something it does. same thing happens to me i think its a google maps problem.

DROID_Eris_JP

Dec 26, 2009
www.twitter.com
hi I just got my HTC Eris and I was wondering if their any tips you guys can give me? I also have a few questions, the 1st is on my homescreen my clock has the weather widget on the bottom but my current city is a city 2 hours away. My city is not listed in the city and when I try to find my location it doesnt work until i move the pin. And when it does it gets my city but I can't set it as my current. Any help?

2nd Battery help I downloaded the ATK but i just don't know how to use it. Any help?

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, this stock HTC app/widget only has a very limited list of available cities - but it shouldn't keep you from using GPS for determining your location. If GPS isn't on, go to Settings/My Location and click Enable GPS Satellites. If that doesn't work - it may be a problem with the app's database, but as far as I know, it uses weather data from Accuweather.com - which I am pretty sure has every city's weather data available.

The ATK is an OK app, but not very user friendly for 1st timers. I am an advanced user and still use the good ol' "TasKiller" app. I would search and download that one - much easier and they update it a lot!

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Check out the stickys at the top of the forum there are a lot of tips in there and links to useful threads.

Last edited:

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
If you press the weather widget it should allow you to add your city or go to the clock ans add your city then select it for current city. I have mine showing the correct city now.

cmack

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
When I first got my Eris, I had the same problem with the weather widget. After a week of use, it began showing the correct location. On LI, the towns are on top of each other and it works great. It may just need a few days to calibrate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante