eris problems

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
ive had my eris for 2 weeks ,now all of a sudden it keeps shuting powering off and on by itself WTF? no apps downloaded full battery etc .HELP

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
thats a odd one. normally a problem like that would be related to a app or something ut since you didnt add any i would be making a trip to my local verizon store.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
People were having the same problem in another thread that was about random shutting off. It was related to and anti-virus app i dont remember which one but uninstall one at a time see which causes the problems.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
This is a known problem caused by the last update that neither HTC nor Verizon are fixing. The Eris is a very buggy phone overall. I have had it for a month and nothing but problems - frequent crashes, random hangups (not dropped calls), random SMS being sent out, SMS not being delivered.
I've been to the Verizon store 3 times now and Tech Support has no idea how to fix the problems. They are shooting in the dark and totally incapable. I asked to have the phone replaced under the 30 day guarantee and they refused because they could not see the problem in the 5 minutes they spent with the phone.
AVOID the ERIS until it becomes reliable.

jcraigie

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
It is Antivirus free 1.6.7 the newest update is screwy. Uninstall the app and you should be all set.

Stop dissing on the eris because of an app problem. It's not a "known problem". The phone works great not all of the apps do. I don't know of anyone that has a "buggy" Eris. Sure there and some bad Eris's out there nothing is perfect, but Verizon wil replace it in the first 30 days if you got a bad one.....unless your being an inconsiderate whinny butthead, then they will hopefully mess with you and tell you they don't know what to do to mess with you for as long as possible.

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
It is Antivirus free 1.6.7 the newest update is screwy. Uninstall the app and you should be all set.

Stop dissing on the eris because of an app problem. It's not a "known problem". The phone works great not all of the apps do. I don't know of anyone that has a "buggy" Eris. Sure there and some bad Eris's out there nothing is perfect, but Verizon wil replace it in the first 30 days if you got a bad one.....unless your being an inconsiderate whinny butthead, then they will hopefully mess with you and tell you they don't know what to do to mess with you for as long as possible.

How about with other issues with the Eris like Youtube videos not able to play will Verizon swap the Eris out for the Droid if im within my 30 day time frame? I really like my Eris however i want a fully functional phone.

jcraigie

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
If you really like the Droid then return the Eris and pay the Difference in price to get the Droid you bet they will do it. You can return the Eris within your 30 days for any reason.

Again not an Eris problem but an App problem. BTW Mine will work using a couple of the workarounds mentioned in other threads. Not the most convient but they work and I'll wait until the problem is fixed by using the workarounds

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Its just frustrating when you buy a new phone and when you're showing the features off to friends or trying to get them to work yourself they either error out or not work at all, i've tried the work arounds for youtube and they dont work for me.

jcraigie

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I do agree it is kind of a pain but I like the Eris and didn't care for the Droid so I'll just use the work arounds until the problem is fixed (I'm sure it will be). Not sure why the work arounds don't work for you though that's strange.

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the replies. yep all i had was uninstall the free antivirus 1.6.7. my eris is back to it's beautiful self . love my eris . i agree with jcraigie eris is a good phone , just research 3rd party apps as much as you can.i have reported this app to developers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781