Erase phone contents to factory settings.

ushneb

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I did several searches and couldn't find what I was looking for so I started a new thread. I need to return my Eris and I need to erase my data on it. Can someone tell me how or point me to where I can find directions on how to wipe my device so it's back to factory settings?

I'm extremely new to Android so I could use all the help I can get.

Thanks guys.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Settings > Security > Factory Data Reset

this is the standard reset,

you can also power the unit down (hold power, chooce Power off) then hold volume down, send key, and then Power button, release power button then release the volume and send button, it will ask you to reset data, click trackball, and your done.

both do the same factory reset all data is wiped. but with any phone reset the data is just deleted, if a hacker wanted to scan your phone (or any phone) its simple to use a file scanner to pull all data off. If your a priva-phobe you'll need special software to place data in all the empty deleted stuff.

ushneb

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Thank you very much for the tip. Never knew that was even in there. I guess I'm just that much of an Android newb.

Cheers

bolengrosima

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Settings > Security > Factory Data Reset

this is the standard reset,

you can also power the unit down (hold power, chooce Power off) then hold volume down, send key, and then Power button, release power button then release the volume and send button, it will ask you to reset data, click trackball, and your done.

both do the same factory reset all data is wiped. but with any phone reset the data is just deleted, if a hacker wanted to scan your phone (or any phone) its simple to use a file scanner to pull all data off. If your a priva-phobe you'll need special software to place data in all the empty deleted stuff.

Eris factory siteng

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad