Text Messages Won't Delete, Freezes

ajsonnick

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a ton of MESSAGES (sms/texts) on my Eris.. one is over 4,000.. I NEED to delete it because it is just way to slow when texting this person.

Anything over 50 messages won't delete! I've tried an app that deletes texts - won't delete them!

I waited over 1 1/2 hours yesterday to delete a 102 message thread, won't work! still there :/

Any Ideas of what to do???

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!
thanks
aj

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
best thing to try is, download Handcent or Chomp SMS and use their delete function...

Only try to delete one contact at a time, not every contact at once. If you have thousands then your going to have to wait for a little while... sometimes 1 minute sometimes 5. or maybe even more...

But if you keep the screen on and don't let it lock and don't close the application while it is trying to delete it should eventually work.

Worked for me... Give it a try.

teggy6

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
use the app delete old messages, takes a while to do so do it over night but seems to work jsut takes forever!! haven't found a better way yet.. nor an auto delete app.

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
just try it while it's plugged in, and let the screen stay on all night or the whole time. It helps.

teggy6

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
i just installed SMS quick delete, seems to work about the same as delete old messages, but you can't have it delete like 2 weeks old, 1 week old. just can select the whole thread or go in and select messages. both are pretty slow, but both also have a different option depends on how you like to delete the messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech