Yahoo Email

mambo101

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading that some folks are having problems reading Yahoo email on the Eris. I'm seriously considering getting one but this would be a problem for me if it's true. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

dblake50

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Here's the deal . . . just pay the $20 and update yahoo to yahoo plus. I have plus while my girlfriend has regular and it just saves the hassle. I get all my yahoo mail directly to the eris for a couple more bucks a month. When you think about the ad ons and no nead to get verizon navigator to access gps your really not paying much more at all. I love my eris and pee on my storm daily!!!!

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I was able to successfully setup my "free" yahoo email account on my Eris. Although, the only problem is that the system doesn't update on the website, in other words, whenever you read Yahoo emails on your phone, they still show as not read on the website. I followed these steps exactly:

Go to Mail icon. If this is the first time you've setup any mail service, you will be prompt to enter in a username and password. Enter in your Yahoo email address and password
Click on the Manual Setup at the bottom left corner
In the incoming server setting, entering as followed
username: xxx@yahoo.com (enter in your complete yahoo email address)
password: enter in your yahoo password account
IMAP Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 143
Security Type: None
IMAP Path Prefix: leave blank / Optional

Press next to continue with SMTP Server. Once on that screen, enter in these settings

SMTP: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 587
Security Type: None
Check "required Sign-In"
Username: xxx@yahoo.com
Password: your email password

Now click through next and fill out the name, etc. You are done. You now have IMAP Yahoo Mail Account setup!

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
you can pay and it works for sure. you can use IMAP also, but it doesn't work for very long, it worked for roughly 2 days and never worked again. I assume yahoo finds out somehow that your using imap and blocks it.