New Update this am

RNunnink#AC

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Woke up this morning and my Eris was asking to be updated. I am in Ithaca NY This is it's second update. Build is 1.17.605.1 CL104882 release-keys Not sure what it did. Eris was very slow after update but I used Advanced Task killer and it has returned to it's zippy self. May be even a bit more zippy. Firmware is still 1.5 Anyone know what this update does.

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
It fixes the issue when the user "wakes" up the phone and the screen saver locks or appears the phone is out of service, just a small patch. FYI this update is being rolled out the same was as the previous one.

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Not sure I got into work today and saw an e-amil from corporate that said the update was being rolled out. But it seems they aren't really letting people know to far ahead of time or exact dates on these android updates.

jaskru

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It fixes the issue when the user "wakes" up the phone and the screen saver locks or appears the phone is out of service, just a small patch. FYI this update is being rolled out the same was as the previous one.

Thanks for the info... saves me time screwing with my phone to see what has changed...

Let's get some YouTube (app) and vzaccess tethering love please.

jankyhanky#WP

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The update was 4.6 megabytes. I just got it here in California 10:35pm.

I didn't realize that the lock-screen hang and "no service" was a common issue until I read this thread.

nishkriya

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the Eris will get the Android 2.0 update because the processor is not fast eneough and the update would slow down the phone. It's fine with me the way it is except for the hitch with youtube videos

Terry4505

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I live in Rochester NY, and woke up this am to an update. The only thing I have noticed is the phone is a little quicker.

One thing that continues to bother me is all the unused programs running in the background chewing up memory. I used TasKiller to end them, but every hour or so I have to do this to keep programs like Handcent running fast. Honestly my only complaint about the phone. I was under the impression Android would kill unused programs on its own.

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I got this strange problem after the update. My internet is working fine but my Gmail says no connection plus I'm using Touchdown Exchange email and that also says I'm not connected to a network. But I can easily and fast browse any web page. I don't get it?

Market also won't work -- I got Market to work now but nothing elsE?

Last edited:

nkwebb140

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I haven't gone ahead with the update yet. I received the notification this morning. Oddly, yesterday was the first day I noticed the issue with the lockscreen - perfect timing?

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
early update early notice

Ive notice more memory in my task panel app....when i would kill my backround apps i would have about 65-71mb now i have about 90mb. Screen lock seems more responsive. Thats all i've notice so far. About the youtube app i've made a bookmark shorcut on my screen from the moble website, problem solved. Hate that they dont show love for my eris like they do the droid......

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
My only issue since the update is my awake time now shows 100%. Tried rebooting but not fixed yet. Anyone else notice this?

ParDema

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the Eris will get the Android 2.0 update because the processor is not fast eneough and the update would slow down the phone. It's fine with me the way it is except for the hitch with youtube videos

I'm almost positive Eris is confirmed for 2.0 possibly 2.0.1. This was a separate update to correct the locking issue, but the 2.0 or 2.0.1 update is still slated for Jan 22nd.

pmdied

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I just received a replacement Eris that shows a software version of 1.12. If the new update is 1.17, wiil it include the fixes that 1.16 was supposed to include?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
My battery seems to be draining a little bit faster than usual, but still working fine at the end of the day with no charges since about 7:30. Other than that, I don't really notice anything, which I guess is a good thing.

Be nice to get an update that improves things rather than just fixes things!

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
My battery seems to be draining a little bit faster than usual, but still working fine at the end of the day with no charges since about 7:30. Other than that, I don't really notice anything, which I guess is a good thing.

Be nice to get an update that improves things rather than just fixes things!

Check to see if your Awake time is 100% or higher than normal? Mine was at 100 for awhile after several hours its down to ab out 80%

jdev80

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
My only issue since the update is my awake time now shows 100%. Tried rebooting but not fixed yet. Anyone else notice this?

Did you run a Task Killer? After my OTA upgrade I noticed a ton of apps were running, even ones I've never opened. Once I killed everything, the wake time was down again.