How to rotate a video and post to Facebook

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know how to rotate a video? I don't need any other editing options, but from my old Palm I got in the habit of holding the camera vertical (portrait) when shooting video, but the Eris does it horizontal (landscape). I've been trying to get in the habit but still go vertical every now and then.

Is there a way to rotate the video? And also, is there a way to post a video to Facebook? It's easy to upload a pic, but didn't see video upload options tonight when I was trying.

mkarps

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
You could email it to yourself and open on a computer. There should be programs for pc that will rotate videos. Then you can upload it from pc too.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
You have to connect your phone to your computer, mount it, then go to facebook and select upload video

You also have to add the video to the boxes at the top of your profile page, click the + button and look for video

dj928

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know how to rotate a video and then save the file? My droid shows the video image as straight but then it's sideways when I play it back. I want to hold it in a normal manner when taking video and not on its side.

mc48

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
i don't know about rotating it but I read on another forum that PixelPipe for FB allows posting of videos to FB. I haven't tried it yet but it is worth a shot. I have been using Bloo for FB which I like a lot but it doesn't allow posting vids, just pics.

firstdown80

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I know this thread is quite old, but I think it's still relevant.

I was also looking for a utility to rotate my 3GP videos (I have a mytouch4G).

I found this free utility "freevideoflipandrotate" from DVDVideoSoft.com

Free Video Flip and Rotate: rotate video, flip video!

Just some notes:
1. During the install, it has an option that ask if you want to "...Plasmo web search as my homepage..." - for me I unchecked this.
2. Before you use this utility, I suggest you convert your video to avi, or mp4. When I tried rotating my 3GP, it worked, but it changed the speed of the video. I used "Format Factory" to convert my videos first. It's also a free tool.

elich11

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The market contain some Utilities that does it (for a few bucks), like Video Rotate

Fast Video Rotate, VideoKit, and more.
You can use this apps to do the rotation directly on your device.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Facebook let's you rotate videos directly on their site. It's a bit convoluted but you can do it in a pinch. I used the chrome browser so the results should be the same for anyone else's device.

uploadfromtaptalk1368601468825.jpg

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2