Ongoing Notification - Sync; Too many contacts deletes

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I've been getting this message since I got my phone and can't get rid of it. It's no big deal, but I'm just wondering what the heck I'm supposed to do with it. It says this:

Delete Limit Exceeded
There are 157 deleted items for contacts, account xxxx, What would you like to do?

If I choose Delete the Items, nothing happens. I don't want to Undo or Do Nothing.

Any suggestions or insight on this?

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Have you tried contact HTC support?

You might try a factory reset, see if that fixes things. I know the girl at Best Buy screwed something up when she set up my Hero. One factory reset is all it took.

Menu > Settings > Security > Factory Data Reset.

amd2132

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I had this same thing happen and all you have to do is go into gmail from your computer and delete the same contacts you deleted from your phone... then your contacts in gmail will match up better with whats on your phone and it will sync again. At least this is what worked for me...

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I agree with amd2132. I was having this exact issue and to fix it you would just make the deletions on your gmail account from your computer and then resync the phone. Contacts should then be deleted from your phone after the re-sync.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12