Enabling Uploads

thumper3582

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to enable browser uploads? I see an "Uploads Disabled" when attempting to upload files while in the browser. Thanks.

Last edited:

thumper3582

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks For the Response.

Well I am trying to upload a .doc file into a simple composed gmail. In the mobile version of my gmail account, I do not even have the option to add an attachment. So I switch over to the desktop version of the account and try to compose mail. Right below the subject bar I see "attachments:" and right below that the is an unaccessible link that says "Uploads Disabled". Below that is "Attach More Files" which only adds more "Uploads Disabled". I have also been trying to attempt to upload files for my college course work and those also display an "Uploads Disabled". This is all done while using the web browser.

SchizoSlimm

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
From what I've been able to find its a browser issue. When I first got my phone (droid) in nov I was able to upload. It was disabled a week later. Hopefuully they enable it again or maybe someone will make an app :-( yes it sux very much

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
Why are you using the mobile gmail site when gmail is natively supported?

I personally use astro file manager to send .doc files. Juat navigate to the file, tap and hold, select send, badda bing.

thumper3582

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
The gmail site was an example that I could provide. The main problem that I have with this issue is when I am trying to upload college course work from my phone. I too have astro file manager and have found that it does not solve the phone's problem.

stevedub40

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I too, am pretty bummed out that something as simple as adding an attachment is not available. I have tried every which way, and also with different email apps.

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
I too, am pretty bummed out that something as simple as adding an attachment is not available. I have tried every which way, and also with different email apps.

you can add an attachment to an email no problem. i already outlined one of many ways to do it. the OP's concern is about doing uploads via the browser.

stevedub40

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I can do it via Astro no problem, I just can't attach a file in gmail. In the app, I only have the option for pictures; online, it says upload disabled. Is there something I am missing? Oh, and I have the Moto Droid as well.

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
You are correct. My response was directed at specificity about adding attachments for emails. I think its safe to say we've established the mobile upload situation with the browser. Notice I didn't call it an issue, it seems like a conscious effort to disable uploads imo.

imurgoodknight

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Attachemail from Droid market will let you attach files to gmail account and send. And if you download opera mini browser you can choose from SD card on phone and upload file.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Attachemail from Droid market will let you attach files to gmail account and send. And if you download opera mini browser you can choose from SD card on phone and upload file.
+1 Thanks that helped but instead of attachemail i just opened my standard pop3 in opera mini and clicked attach. IDK if its cuz i use OI file manager tho?

dingir

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
This is reptilic, how can anyone even think about a disabled "upload through webpage" function as a minor problem? Referring to Opera-installation (as a solution) is all else then ok! :p

I can't see how I honestly can recommend android os to anyone. Iphone-users laughing thier as off and I close to email ALL newspapers (that shows a sort of android vs iphone testing) about the flaw. Who dare to try a phone without uploading feature?

Someone talked about enabling in version 2.2. I have 2.1 on my phone and no available update. Which means, if the 2.2 relased tomorrow, Android OS has this flaw since the beginning of it's distribution.