1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default google voice problems

Ive read up online people having issues making outgoing calls with google voice... that is not my problem, but it might be related.

I just got an Eris yesterday, and I am trying to get my google voice set up on here. I installed the application from the market place. I started going through the set up steps. I was able to sign in no problem, but when google voice tries to "verify" my phone number... it just hangs there until eventually it tells me there was a problem with google voice and it could not verify my phone number

anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

thanks for the help, im excited to be a new android user!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Never mind... I fixed it

can i ask how you fixed it!? I'm still having the same issue!!

Can I ask how you guys got your invites? I've been waiting for what seems like forever to get one from google.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Blizz,

The issue was i never set up google voice to use my mobile number... go to google.com/voice and under settings i think, or somewhere, there is a place where you can enter your mobile number.

once i did this i had no problem getting google voice app working on my phone
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyM View Post
    Can I ask how you guys got your invites? I've been waiting for what seems like forever to get one from google.
    Please see this sticky if you want one or have one to give away.