Geotagging and GPS

tmatt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

Before I get yelled out, I am new to this site and did spend sometime looking around for the answer.

But was wondering if the HTC Eris with Verizon lets you Geotag your photos automatically. I dont want to have to enter my GPS data, I want to take a picture and when I upload it to a PC it will plot on the map.

I am very close to buying a New ERIS and this is a must for any phone I get. Also if there are any apps that help with Geotagging and uploading to a map, please let me know your suggestions.

Thank you again, and look forward to discussing my Eris.

mc48

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I haven't tried it out much but isn't the stock app that comes on the Eris called Footprints what you need? In any event, check it out, it seems like it would be useful to your needs.

tmatt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I played around with one at the Verizon Store today. used footprints and that is really cool. But I couldnt tell if when taking a picture with Camera Mode, if GPS were logged. Footprints you can take a picture right in the app, but it doesnt seem to have zoom in and out and all the options the Camera function does. Anyone that has a ERIS, is this true?

Nabrahan

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Yes, this option can be turned on with the actual camera. All you have to do is while in camera mode, go to settings and turn on "Geo tag photos".

TG3

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
ALL of my photos end up being tagged off the coast of northern California... I've never been in the Pacific Ocean in that area... Don't rely on the camera to geotag your photos correctly on the Eris...

TG3

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Footprints doesn't easily let you take photos out of your phone for use elsewhere... It's kinda like your own personal directory of Places you've been... Kinda like a photo diary I guess... Not terribly useful, but cool none the less.

gale7273

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I use the footprints mostly for getting home when lost and for easy directions to places I don't go alot but would like to return to...have used it several times for those reasons...works awesome!!! Keep wanting to try it for parking situations but I forget...to busy making sure kids are out of the car and car is locked!