BSE for Droid Eris

TheSultan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I've used Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page for years now on a few devices and just put one on my Eris tonight. Luckily, for this phone there's only two pieces, unluckily, there's some rounded edges on the back which make corners tricky. I won't make this a tutorial, there's pretty simple instructions that come with the skin, just wanted to share mine quick and tell you guys how much I like this product, I've used it on a lot of my gadgets.

If you've never gotten a BSE, it comes in a regular mailing envelope, don't accidently throw it out! The skins themselves come on paper like this:
Skins.jpg

Make sure you clean your screen real well before, I just used a clean tshirt. Then I use a TINY amount of Woolite in water,
InWater.jpg
make sure your fingertips are wet while you're applying or your BSE will end up with fingerprints. Unfortunately, I rushed this job and ended up with a couple myself.

Here's the whole phone and a closeup, both pre-skins.
Phone-NoSkin1.jpg
Screen-NoSkin.jpg

TheSultan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's the skin freshly applied to the back before drying, be sure to get all the bubbles out, I use a credit card to push them out.
Back-WithSkin.jpg

CameraEyeCloseup.jpg

The worst part about applying these is rounded edges, with the Droid Eris of course has a few of. Don't rush trying to press them down and make them stick, it's pointless. Put it on, let it set for a few minutes until it drys a bit and the adhesive gets slightly tacky, then press in place and hold it.
SkinCloseup.jpg

Here's what the screen and phone look like after it's on. This was only minutes after application, so it's not completely dry yet, give it about 24 hours before you really decide.

TheSultan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
PhoneOff-WithSkin.jpg
ScreenCloseup-WithSkin.jpg

Phone-WithSkin.jpg

I thought the skin would somehow impede the screen's touchscreen sensitivity, I was quite pleased to see it didn't effect it at all! Also, I think it gives this phone a bit of a grip, and as a result, it feels better when I'm holding it.

Feel free to ask me any questions, I've done this process a ton of times on a few different electronics!:cool:

cryptiq

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious to know if you're seeing any lifting of the BSE where the screen meets the body of the phone...ie on the sides or below the home, menu keys. I would imagine since the material that covers the top surface of the phone is all one piece, eventually you'll see some separation.

DjCalvin

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I had an invisibleshield Front.. Right bottom lifted within a week..
Ive always had VERY good luck with those.. not this time.

Same with the Verizon screen protector.. bottom right where the screen meets the shell pulled up.

cryptiq

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Funny you mention that...my ZAGG is lifting in the same area...to the right of the search icon button....only lifting on that side though, not below the icon. I think in my issue it's because my silicon case rubs there and the shield wasn't installed perfectly...but it's odd that collectively, we have the same issue with 3 different shield manufacturers.

TheSultan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
at this point guys, it's only been a couple days, and I have not seen lifting. But, in the past, on my other devices (namely, my Curve 8330), I did indeed have the lifting issue.

My philosophy on it is: I'd rather have some lifting and reapply every 6-8weeks (or longer if i can put up with it), than risk having scratches if I drop it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress