1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Yahoo Mail - Just Stopped Working

Did Yahoo change settings on Friday/Saturday? All of a sudden I can't retrieve my mail any longer. Anyone else having this issue?

sometimes a reboot will do wonders. have you tried just turning your phone off and then on again? That is usually the first thing I do when i have a problem and more times than not it fixes the problem.

Sage advice. Rebooting most phones cures most problems.

I was able to use yahoo mail via imap for about 2 weeks, then it just stopped no matter what I did. I think they block your account once they cast some kind of a "net" on those users who circumvent their paid service.

My account stopped syncing, saying login failed. Reboot doesn't help, tries to delete and re-add account, unable to validate my info. Confirmed username and password are correct, everything. Tried the K-9 app, says only tmo users can get free yahoo email.

I'm just gonna stop using yahoo. Screw it.

Yahoo still syncs here, but only through 3G, never wi-fi.

Have you folks with problems tried deleting the email account on your phone and re-adding it?

yep, couldn't re-add it after i deleted it. as per my last post on the 2nd.
    Love,
    Patches,
    Kthxbai

I'm having the same problem and I paid Yahoo for their upgraged email package.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that this happened to me also initially a few days ago and then all of a sudden, yesterday it started working again. I didn't do anything differently. Also, by the way, I'm using the "free" account.

Since Yahoo does not formally support IMAP, and support POP3 only for paid accounts, I'd think that it would probably work unreliably more as the norm.

So I'm trying to add it back to my phone but it can't authenticate.

Has anyone had luck adding it? Can you confirm settings for me please?

Also, I was told you can forward yahoo into your gmail via pc but I wasn't able to get it to work. Any insight on this working or not?